Ldn Nye?

monkeysblood

born to cry
sorry, i know it can be a bit of an awful subject but does anyone know of anything worth going to?
currently my only filters are 'somewhere to get a bit messy' and 'music that doesn't piss me off'.

what do you lot have planned?

D

dubversion

I've got two things on NYE - one at the Albert in Brixton, but that's pretty much an Urban 75 bulletin board spin-off...

Much more promising is a big Unsound NYE party at the Red Star in Camberwell. It's going to be the full Unsound crew - so Deadlock, Hue Jah Fink, Miss Pink, people like that (and me!).. So lots of jungle, messiness, noise and whatever the hell you call what Hue plays. Upstairs it'll be dubstep and roots niceness, dancehall and the like. I think the plan is to run to 9am New Year's Day, then reopen till 9pm, and then again at 9pm. Something like that. Redstar's a great place with a good crowd and being messy is not only OK, it's expected.

wonk_vitesse

radio eros
yup i'll 2nd Unsound, last years was bangin, great atmosphere, everyone welcome, no queuing, heavin but room to dance that's about all i remember ;)

D

dubversion

yup i'll 2nd Unsound, last years was bangin, great atmosphere, everyone welcome, no queuing, heavin but room to dance that's about all i remember ;)

I know that avatar cos I took it.

:)

which means you must be........... ;)

wonk_vitesse

radio eros
I think this has to be the best "I don't know what to do this NYE" option, and look it's open forever :D
nye2006web.jpg

D

dubversion

How many fucking DJs? I'll get on the decks on about February 5th by the look of it :D

john eden

male pale and stale
How many fucking DJs? I'll get on the decks on about February 5th by the look of it :D

It's good that you are above DJ Piss Wizard on the bill, but bad that they can't spell "weirdness".

Anyway I will be at home, or possibly round at a mate's, getting random. For some reason I always seem to start the new year wearing bizarre clothes, which are not my own. Can't hack nye clubbing.

john eden

male pale and stale
purple feather boa, silver cowboy hat, plastic knight's breastplate, that sort of thing. It's all good for the kid's dressing up box at home.

STN

sou'wester
I once awoke on January 1st wearing an Anti Nowhere League t-shirt ('I Hate People', it said) and a pair of brothel creepers. Neither of these items were mine. I believe I was also wearing some pants. Which were mine. Is there a patron saint for this sort of thing?

STN

sou'wester
I always find that after I've donned a foolish hat/article of clothing, I then feel compelled to perform a preposterous dance which is usually some kind of attempt at dancing like a kind of comedy Beyonce but of course just makes me look like a lascivious, malcoordinated tramp.

Is it the same for everyone?

martin

----
I always find that after I've donned a foolish hat/article of clothing, I then feel compelled to perform a preposterous dance which is usually some kind of attempt at dancing like a kind of comedy Beyonce but of course just makes me look like a lascivious, malcoordinated tramp.

Not really, though I did once try on a girl's fake leopardskin coat, shades and trilby at a party and spent the evening being an obnoxious arrogant twat and referring to everyone as 'peasants'. I felt like the bastard child of Pat Butcher and Prince Buster

john eden

male pale and stale

I look like a malcoordinated tramp at the best of times anyway, so dunno.

STN

sou'wester
I look like a malcoordinated tramp at the best of times anyway, so dunno.

In all honesty, so do I. In fact, I was once mistaken for a tramp, by a tramp. My coordination is dreadful, and I've been told that I 'run like a girl', whatever that means.

Not really, though I did once try on a girl's fake leopardskin coat, shades and trilby at a party and spent the evening being an obnoxious arrogant twat and referring to everyone as 'peasants'. I felt like the bastard child of Pat Butcher and Prince Buster

On the dressing up front, I feel that a woman's coat is an absolute winner because it's hard to beat clothes that are just that bit too small as far as comic effect is concerned.

martin

----
On the dressing up front, I feel that a woman's coat is an absolute winner because it's hard to beat clothes that are just that bit too small as far as comic effect is concerned.

No, she was a big old bus and I was skinnier at the time. But I agree with the tramp statements - I feel the same

monkeysblood

born to cry
cheers peoples. still undecided i have to admit.
jools hollands hootenany or the mighty piss wizard?
anyway - have a good one dissensians! :D