Best shows that didn't happen

polystyle

We all have shows, gigs, performance that you were waiting for -
and then it got cancelled for whatever reason
Two stand out ...
Early 1978 ? The Sex Pistols were supposed to play Washington DC on their US Tour
, I had a ticket , everyone was stoked up and - then they had trouble getting into the country . the DC date evaporated

1980 Everyone was ready for this too , Joy Division was booked to play 2 nights
May 22 & 23rd at Tier 3 on West Broadway in Tribeca -
then 'cancelled due to the death of Ian Curtis'

What else ?

mms

sometimes
when sigue sigue sputnik cancelled their tour, i was going to go with my mum to see em at cornwall colliseum, i was about 10.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
The Nirvana show that was due to happen in London in the Summer of 1994 as part of the In Utero European Tour

tate

Brown Sugar
Not really on the scale of others mentioned, but last spring was fairly disappointing: my dear friend jason os was scheduled to spin b4 Bukem in nyc, but the show was cancelled on account of double booking; and gang gang dance were supposed to play my town, but cancelled. :(

Lichen

My bro and I had tickets to see The Cramps at the Roxy in NYC when I was 16. It was my first trip to the US and I was overwhelmingly excited.

They cancelled...the door man sneered at us...

"yeah...they got the cramps, hehehehe"

took a long time to get over that

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I missed the Smiths last gig at the Brixton Academy because I was illicitly having sex with my totally hot next door neighbour. And have never regretted it! Does that count?

polystyle

Nights that ...

Sloane - sounds like you made a good choice there , never know when that would have come around again ... ?

Lichen - Cramps at the Roxy - *uck that doorman

Tate - have never seen or heard any Gang Gang' did you ever catch up w/ them ?

Logan - that might have been a good one eh ?

mms - Sigue Sigue ! Did happen to see their 'NY debut' @ Palladium , was good for some minutes there , double drums set up.
Now we got what , The Horrors lead singer looking like Martin Degville doing Blixa via Nick Cave

There were so many great shows that we all tried to go to ,
having them cancelled or showing up and finding out it was canceled really stinks after getting it together , getting all ready , possibly already paying ...

polystyle

Aha , Tate - Thanks man
Yea, on the blog I had to express sheer joy of making fresh music with ol' friends again,
esp. when it just comes rushing out , off the kyboards and you are not always sure where it's going - just it's sounded damn good ... right ... now .
IY you just may have some chances to catch live , first up is radio show on WFMU in second half of Jan. (dunno if you are in range , that's NY-NJ area) , then we will be recordings and releasing new stuff and try for other gigs.
As for DCC, yeah, finishing the new Album , but gigs here in US seem few and faaar between , seems we have to go to Europe or Japan to play.
Without US booking Co. or label support , it's real work !
Cheers

mos dan

fact music
Cannibal Ox touring The Cold Vein at Electrowerkz about two years ago or so.

I got as far as the venue to find the bouncers handing out flyers explaining that Can Ox got busted for possession in NYC so couldn't leave the country. They split up soon after, and tho they've re-formed now I doubt any live performance could be half as good as that would've been.

I also missed the last ever Pavement gig at Brixton Academy (though that did happen).

Tickets for that Nirvana show were selling for £100 a throw AFTER Kurt committed suicide.