Ldn - B A S H - Thursday 30th Nov

john eden

male pale and stale
883835943_m.jpg

LOEFAH & THE BUG PRESENT: HIGH PRIEST (ex ANTI POP CONSORTIUM)

@ Plastic People, 147-149 Curtain Rd., London. EC2

10-2, £5

Policy : Bashment, Dub, Ragga, Rockers, Roots, Dubstep, Lovers,

http://www.myspace.com/bashsound

D

dubversion

i was DETERMINED to come to this, but then got a paying gig i just can't afford to turn down (christmas coming up, innit? )

i'm doomed never to make it to BASH :(

john eden

male pale and stale
i was DETERMINED to come to this, but then got a paying gig i just can't afford to turn down (christmas coming up, innit? )

i'm doomed never to make it to BASH :(

Doomed!!!! Ha ha haahahaha!!!!

That's the world laughing at cruelly YOU, Mr Dubversion!

Not me tho, I feel your pain, mate. :(

Tyro

The Kandy Tangerine Man
883835943_m.jpg

LOEFAH & THE BUG PRESENT: HIGH PRIEST (ex ANTI POP CONSORTIUM)

@ Plastic People, 147-149 Curtain Rd., London. EC2

10-2, £5

Policy : Bashment, Dub, Ragga, Rockers, Roots, Dubstep, Lovers,

http://www.myspace.com/bashsound

I too have so far failed to make it along to this night.This week I WILL be present.Is Priest going to be DJing,MCing,or doing both? I loved the Anti Pop stuff but I'm not aware of his recent movements.

john eden

male pale and stale
Last month's BASH witnessed Kode 9 and Space Ape rock the night with their 'memories of the future' launch. Additionally, Warrior Queen got lowdown 'n' dirty on Loefah's set and Roger Robinson swung in to drop exclusive King Midas Sound cuts with The Bug. And this month looks like it'll continue the tradition of Plastic People ghettoblastin', as ex Anti-Pop Consortium MC/Producer High Priest hits the home of Bass, to launch his first solo album on Sound Ink('Born Identity'). Having had to pull out last time 'round Roots Manuva/Banana Klan mic man Ricky Ranking will be guestin' with The Bug and Loefah is certain to bring the rukkus..Come get Bashed..

Thursday 30th November(And the last Thursday of every month)

BASH
At Plastic People.
(Presented by The Bug & Loefah)
147-149 Curtain Rd., London. EC2

Policy :
Bashment, Dub, Ragga, Hip Hop, Baile Funk, Roots, Dubstep, Lovers,...

10-2AM
£5

martin

----
That's it then - beginning of the end. You won't be able to get in tonight for people swanning around saying "Yah, I've always liked Bash, I'm strictly hardcore inna yard".

martin

----
The best way to stop BASH running at a loss would be to increase the ticket price to 20 quid. Obviously, I should be put on the guest list.

Clive Wolfendale was shithot 2 years ago, but hasn't really done anything ace since he suggested that Muslims eat black pudding to prove their alliegance to Britain (or similar, can't remember exactly what it was)

Victoria Aitken's just done a tune dissing Tippa

D

dubversion

is there an argument for extending the night - maybe start at 9pm or run till 3am? and charge a bit more on the back of that?

john eden

male pale and stale
There's an argument for them OPENING THE DOORS ON TIME, and/or DOING THEIR PUBLICITY MORE THAN TWO DAYS IN ADVANCE. :mad: :D

I think everyone involved is juggling lots of things tho, and it must be a nightmare trying to pin people down to actual bookings - especially the MCs who are, it has been said, somewhat bohemian in their notions of timekeeping and attendance.

Sometimes it does run on past 2am, usually when the lovely Door Man Dean is in the area. People have to work the next day tho.

I suspect longer hours = bigger overheads.

john eden

male pale and stale
Of course, if it were to close down cos of the money thing it would be a colossal shame.

But I would then be able to taunt Dubversion about it for the rest of his life, as I have done about his non-attendance at the classic Big Black and Butthole Surfers gigs at the Clarendon.

STN

sou'wester
I'd happily pay £6 (or even £7) to get in - but there is a kind of watershed when it comes to paying with a ten-pound note and not having a note's worth of change.