Belgium situationist jump skank

U-Basstard

tragic mix
it's a style of gabber, but named after the dance i guess. check this for the shittier British version, gotta love it tho....

robin

and is it a drug culture or what?
the belgian kids make it look almost wholesome,but i associate gabber with the most fucked people left at the end of a free party
this is in ireland though,dunno about belgium

U-Basstard

tragic mix

this clip kinda gives an outline of the culture... nike air max, a gabberklaart (roughly translated = scally cap) and an earring :)

no mention of drugs, but i'm sure they're involved somewhere, probably dirt cheap pills and speed if it's got owt to do with gabber.

does anyone else think the dance has some goose-steppin undertones? coupled with the epic marching melodies and gabber's history (esp in the benelux region) of neo-nazi involvement, makes it look a bit sinister to me.

Alfons

Way of the future
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

the melbourne shuffle

www.melbshuffle.com

Pestario

tell your friends
I dunno, I've seen a few jumpstyle clips and it seems like a dance that even when done 'properly' or 'well' still look stupid. I guess it's egalitarian in that way: doesn't matter if you have no talent or are a born dancing guru, the results are the same. I guess I just don't like all that flailing leg business - where's the finesse? I'm all for kids having fun coming up with dance styles though.

To continue my rant, the shuffle sort of went downhill once it was dominated by all the hardstyle, gabba, hardcore, hard trance kids. When Melbourne was all about techno I reckon that was when there was more style and originality about - none of this headbanging while moving your feet around like they're fridge magnets!

This old video is still the best out there I think. The dancers all had really different styles and you can see the efforts of some experimentation.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Ok rant over :)