electric sheep

Guybrush

Dittohead
I thought screen-savers were redundant nowadays, with monitors being able to show a still for days without the picture burning into the monitor surface.

Guybrush

Dittohead
Not quite:
Modern CRTs are much less susceptible to burn-in than older models due to improvements in phosphor coatings, and because modern computer images are generally lower contrast than the stark green- or white-on-black text and graphics of earlier machines. LCD computer monitors, including the display panels used in laptop computers, are not susceptible to burn-in because the image is not directly produced by phosphors (although they can suffer from a less extreme and usually non-permanent form of image persistence). For these reasons, screensavers today are primarily decorative or for entertainment, and usually feature moving images or patterns and sometimes sound effects.

turtles

in the sea
You're both right! Screensavers are no longer necessities, and electric sheep is indeed super sweet. Watch out if you have that running on a computer somewhere in the room, as it will keep grabbing your attention out of the corner of your eye and you will waste more of your day staring at bright shiny colours. Even hardcore graphics programmers i know are impressed by it.

zhao

there are no accidents
it's like psy-trance circa 1996 - I hear Hallucinogen and Infected Mushroom just looking at the screen shots! :confused: :rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes: :confused:

installing...