Italian Sountracks

craner

Beast of Burden
I hope it's not too obvious that I start this. It's just that there's a lot of crazy people here with a gazillion records who know about things I don't, and I'm not above consumer tip offs. Also, I know there'll be a few just dying to rap about their favorite Italian scores. I know there will be, Jim.

Some of mine:

AmoNonAmoTray.jpg

I thought this sounded really funny - Goblin score a gentle romantic drama starring Jacqeuline Bisset and Terence Stamp! Ha ha! And, you know what? It's gorgeous. It rocks.

B0001V5VXO.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1132211150_.jpg

This is the Bruno Nicolai score to a fun film in which Edwige Feneche and George Hilton run around trying not to get killed by a sinister man with a fedora, face mask, and small knife. It's a suave and swinging number that makes somthing simple like walking down the street a vogueish event.

1110v.jpg

I love this! It's silly, and ravishing, and makes me laugh. And I bet the original film is better than Pirates of the Caribbean.

B00012L77W.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

My favorite Morricone score. Also, one of my favorite films.

pisano_bert_interraba_102b.jpg

This is wistful and typical and very lovey and could be Morricone or Nicolai but isn't. From another film with a great title that I will never see.

Ok. That's enough. So share with me. Get me further into debt.

Last edited:

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
If anyone's ever found a copy of Morricone's soundtrack to 'Order Of Death', aka 'Cop Killer', I'd be blown away. Love that shit

JLMe.jpg

jd_

I really liked the soundtrack to Solamente Nero. It's performed by Goblin but compossed by somebody different, can't remember his name but it's credited all to him if you are loking for it. Much more disco sounding than prog with lots of effects and weird stuff in the mix. The movie was alright but to be honest I've mostly forgotten it. The soundtrack is worth hearing though if you find it anywhere.

bruno

est malade
oliver, i think you would like this

covb.jpg

which is lush, bucolic and mysterious. and has the requisite italo 'shock' sequence. and is actually most of what is used in the film, which can't be said for a lot of soundtracks.

the irony is that a lot of the more obscure italian films are better documented on cd than more visible arthouse things such as

title%20antonioni%20red%20desert%20dvd%20review%20PDVD_000.jpg

and

ECLISSE_ttile.jpg

which i would kill for good soundtracks of.

bruno

est malade
no idea what these are like but they're lovely, aren't they. i saw mondo cane once but i remember only the lactating pig sequence (some shock effects there too, if memory serves me right).

mister matthew

milano calibro 9 by osanna and bacalov

+ best track ever is 'folk and violence' from violent naples

just listening to it makes me want to grow a tache and start handing out brutal vigilante justice

Noah Baby Food

Riz Ortolani's 'Cannibal Holocaust' is great. As is the one for 'Cannibal Ferox', which is a Budy Maglioni composition. Anything by Fabio Frizzi...I've got "The Beyond" soundtrack knocking about somewhere, great dramatic scary stuff...i maybe could find it and upload it, but that would be naughty maybe.

Meanwhile, you cats seen this mp3 blog?:

http://www.italianhorror.blogspot.com/

There's a few sites like this if you google about a bit, I've found some good soundtracks that way, like the one for "Yor, The Hunter From The Future", which is amazing...seriously, try and find it.

Noah Baby Food

"Thanks for pointing that soundtrack blog out Noah, there's some really good stuff up there"

"No worries Dissensus, anytime, I love you guys, y'know?"

I GOT AIR PIE SKEEEEEEN LOL

Octopus?

Just saw "The Bloodstained Shadow" (or "Solamente Nero" last night...really evocative soundtrack that occasionally descended into strange buzzing and clicking. Worked well to create a very threatening and uncertain mood. Also some great characterization in the flick itself, fairly rare for my beloved gialli :)

craner

Beast of Burden
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

More euro epics mentioned above:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I'm quite into these seedy synth soundtracks at the moment. Any other good ones? (Loads surely!)

craner

Beast of Burden

Ha ha! Fucking hell! I should really watch this movie.

craner

Beast of Burden

The winner.

D

droid

Ha ha! Fucking hell! I should really watch this movie.

How have you not seen this? It's awful, but not as bad as the equally insane demons II.

craner

Beast of Burden
Dunno, really, just sort of avoided it. I should rectify that. Is it this one or the second or both that's done by Lamberto Bava?

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Not Italian, but I'm sure was a huge influence on italian horror s/tracks - Last House on the Left. Can hear its influence on the s/t for Cannibal Holocaust, for sure.