sonic boom DJ sets

nomos

Administrator
I just saw a poster downtown for a DJ set by Sonic Boom of Spacemen 'taking drugs to make music to take drugs to' 3 fame. Is this an isolated event or part of a tour.? Has anyone seen him do one of these? I'm really intrigued. I'm guessing he could span everything from the Velvets and Terry Riley to Acid House. Or maybe a bunch of E.A.R. stuff? If anyone has any info or reports I'm very curious.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Seen him dj a couple of times (a guy I know a bit put him on at a kind of indie night thing), I liked what he played but I don't think it was amazingly exciting. I remember Stereolab, Velvets, Animals (Inside Looking Out - what a tune), New Order, Kraftwerk - that kind of stuff, a lot of tunes around a theme of druggy or kraut rock mainly or things that you could see in that way if you sort of squinted a bit. Of course it might be different if it was at a different kind of night - he certainly played the most varied and interesting tunes of the djs on the night.

Chris

fractured oscillations
Is he only djing right now? I just heard yesterday he'll be at the Silverlake Lounge in Los Angeles on the 20th, and I'm a bit wary of these celebrity dj gigs after seeing Alan McGee spin, who was playing shit like the Hives and Blur, no rare Creation stuff at all if I recall correctly. I'm sure Peter's a much better selector... but I'd imagine he'd probably play a lot of stuff I already listen to on a regular basis. I'll be there regardless!