Wasteland: October

dubplatestyle

it's heavy, alright. big up craig and toby. (craig is seriously one of the nicest musicians i've ever dealt with as a writer.)

john eden

male pale and stale
Well looking forward to hearing this. "Amen Fire" was great but flawed, whilst this is supposed to be the whole tamale. Haven't they done a mix CD recently as well?

dubplatestyle

yeah "vulture culture" which i don't think they're pressing anymore, but you can still find through the usual less-than-reptuable channels probably.

stelfox

Beast of Burden
it's really quite awesome and, strangely enough, not so austere as amen fire, actually quite opulent in a dark, murky kinda way. although the beats are a lot better-realised and more prominent there's also a really enjoyable feeling of space in the programming, too. anyway, i like it a hell of a lot. can always burn you one john, but it's out on the 17th and i think you'd probably like to own it. whoah jess, do you have that. i've been wanting to get hold of it for a while and have no soulseek. if you do is there any way you'd be willing to share it? i have server space you could upload it to if you have that capability and i'll be thoroughly, sickeningly pleasant to you for the rest of 2005!

john eden

male pale and stale
Yeah - I need to try and blag one off Jason (Aphasic - the other half of Ambush) next time I see him... am also mad keen to hear the mix, hint, hint...

boomnoise

♫
both vulture culuture and october are astounding. the aptness of the album's title hits home. i love the harshness of the sound. spot on re the murkiness. there's also something quite grimey about it.

vulture culture is probably the best non club mix i heard last year. i can see if i can get it to people.

stelfox

Beast of Burden
well, myke, you're about a mile away so it shouldn't be difficult to get it to me. i'd be mega-grateful if you did, though

john eden

male pale and stale
Ditto. Why don't we sort out a drink up on the north east side, people? If Paul Meme and myself get it together we might have a new mix CD to give out as well...

stelfox

Beast of Burden
that's actually a really good idea. i'll have the new ragga/reggaeton mix together by next week, too, so won't be arriving empty-handed, either.

Clubberlang

Craig REALLY is the nicest guy ever.

He sent me a T-shirt and a copy of the Spirit Shots EP and a bunch of little buttons and stickers. The Vulture Culture mix (it was nice to find out that the amazing Essentials track which comes in 40 minutes in is called "Headquarters" yesterday) is fantastic as is October (which has gotten so little press sadly.) The last two tracks on the latter are particularly great (dig the rave-y piano stabs on the last track.)

orson

i saw them performing in newyork at tonic ... was a great set

also i sound is very very nice ... met him at kims video

i just have a white promo 12" for the album . with 4 tracks dunno wich ones ..