Vol 4
Tunnel intro
Respect
I'm a fly boy
Nasty Jack war dub
All in One war dub

nomos

Administrator
This question is OT but maybe Logan or someone knows the answer. Was there an instrumental Wiley track called 'Tunnel Vision 2' that sounded like 'Jam Pie' but with more forward momentum in the percussion? I've come across a file labeled as such but I've never been able to find the vinyl in any shops.

Immryr

yeah there is. its a remix of a track on the B side of the Jam Pie 12". im pretty sure that version has never been released on vinyl though, which is a shame. it sounds almost aphex twin like.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
i know wiley's desparate to generate hype but i really think he should have released the whole series as one or two *amazing* mixtapes. the quality control has really dropped on these compared to this v underrated Second Phase.

gumdrops

i cant listen to these anymore and im def not buying anymore. i cant affford to spend 50+ pounds on mix-Cds where i only like one or two tracks on each one and hate all the rest for fleecing me and wasting my time.

28 Gun Nice Boy

i know wiley's desparate to generate hype but i really think he should have released the whole series as one or two *amazing* mixtapes. the quality control has really dropped on these compared to this v underrated Second Phase.

Agreed. If Wiley released the best tracks on 2nd Phaze, Tunnel Visions 1 & 2 on one disc we'd be talking about one of the best grime albums ever (it'd be up there with Boy In The Corner and Treading On Thin Ice). I think the impact of the tracks has been diluted by being spread out over so many releases. Still he has got an album deal now, perhaps on the back of them. I have high hopes for that Big Dadda release...

Anyway, the album of Wiley's 2006 material that I would have released would have featured these tracks (and mastered better...):

2nd Phaze Intro - Eski Boy - Gangsters - U Ain't Real - Carry Out Orders - I Like the Way - Johnny Was A Bad Boy - Grim - Friday Night - Icepole Remix - So Amazing - Tunnel Vision Intro - Crash Bandicoot - Nothing Less - Scratchy Beat Freestyle - She's a Rider - Tunnel Vision 2 Intro - I'm a Sinner - He's too much - Friday 13th - Time and a Place - Pump Up, Tone Up - All Informer - Played da Game - E3 Link Up - Hey Poppi - Roam around da Street - Scorcher Dis - 16 Bar Rally - Cool Off - Checkmate - Fly Boy - House of Fire - Bad 'em Up - Boy Better Know Freestyle.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Agreed. If Wiley released the best tracks on 2nd Phaze, Tunnel Visions 1 & 2 on one disc we'd be talking about one of the best grime albums ever (it'd be up there with Boy In The Corner and Treading On Thin Ice).

Agreed, and I was talking to someone at Independance Records about how financially impractical it was for Wiley to go about this quantity over quality route.

However, in terms of the best grime albums ever, I think that many mixtape/"street" album releases from grime artists beat Treddin On Thin Ice in terms of quality. Treddin On Thin Ice, for me, was mostly mediocre, with a few really, really good tracks and a few really really horrendous ones.