is the American blood is a cheap blood?

lebanies

Wild Horses
well,I have to say I am curious about the people in the USA.
is your blood so so cheap that you let some one like george buch spill your blood so cheap
is"nt it enough for the troops of the usa army, afghanistan and iraq,to go now to sumalia.
do you know that between 5 and 15 marines die every day in iraq not to mention afghanistan....now the us are in sumalia too???
what the hell, all are watching hollywood moveis in the US,but what about the soldiers in the front line,15 thousands are injured from iraq alone,3 thousand dead,and now he is draging you to sumalia.
how can you stand him or accept him as your leader,and remember that you will never feel the agony of the soldiers untill you are one of them or lose some one close to you.
when you read this article you will be behind a desk or in a cafe but what about the one in the front line....do you think that you can read it too?
well,now the us is in sumalia,and trying to gain the war on terror,hope it wins???
cause i think the one who elected george buch is mind minor so you can not ask him for nothing just pitty him.
hope the best fo the poor people cause i know that the rich will never serve in iraq or in a war zone.
we still have 1 year of george buch presidency.
god help us all

john eden

male pale and stale
Well, it's a good job that I, like most of the posters here, don't use Fox and CNN for news.

But thanks for your clarification.

bruno

est malade
lebanies: believe it or not americans value their own lives as much as anyone else! the value of foreign life is measured on interest, proximity and convenience, as anywhere else. political decisions are informed by human fears, aspirations, prejudices and people see things through the prism of their own culture, again as anywhere else in the world. there are ignorant people, informed people, right wing, left wing, well meaning, evil, etc, the whole gamut. the point is that these people aren't that different to you and i - you just happen to be on the wrong end of the knife.

if you're from the middle east i don't blame you for being incensed. just don't automatically deduce that everyone in the west agrees with this madness.

lebanies

Wild Horses
to guybruch I say,ARE YOU A RACIST for asking for me to be a non american,cant you listen to some one with a different point of view .do you have to insult him.
for jhon eden i say true i should not mention the cnn and fox and thanx for the notice
for bruno i say yes i am from the middle east,a man with a different way of seeing things ,not directed by the western media and your reply was much of a value and hope you will never live in a small country and see the crimes with your own eyes and cant do anything about it,but to write ,but it seems even writing is make some people rude and hurch.

bruno

est malade
lebanon last year was heart wrenching, i literally lost my appetite for days. just the impotence of sitting idly by watching a thriving country torn to pieces on completely twisted grounds. i suspect a lot of americans felt the same way, lebanies.

Guybrush

Dittohead
to guybruch I say,ARE YOU A RACIST for asking for me to be a non american,cant you listen to some one with a different point of view .do you have to insult him.
for jhon eden i say true i should not mention the cnn and fox and thanx for the notice
for bruno i say yes i am from the middle east,a man with a different way of seeing things ,not directed by the western media and your reply was much of a value and hope you will never live in a small country and see the crimes with your own eyes and cant do anything about it,but to write ,but it seems even writing is make some people rude and hurch.

Oh please, I was merely asking out of curiosity. I am sensing a flame-war in the making here, so, adieu!

DigitalDjigit

Honky Tonk Woman
Um, let's see...asking if someone is from Lebanon is insulting? Nice.

You are just here to create trouble. Piss off, troll.

bruno

est malade
i think so. i don't think it's trolling, though. stress, cultural difference and less than stellar english makes for a strange reading of things!

luka

well,I have to say I am curious about the people in the USA.
is your blood so so cheap that you let some one like george buch spill your blood so cheap
is"nt it enough for the troops of the usa army, afghanistan and iraq,to go now to sumalia.
do you know that between 5 and 15 marines die every day in iraq not to mention afghanistan....now the us are in sumalia too???
what the hell, all are watching hollywood moveis in the US,but what about the soldiers in the front line,15 thousands are injured from iraq alone,3 thousand dead,and now he is draging you to sumalia.
how can you stand him or accept him as your leader,and remember that you will never feel the agony of the soldiers untill you are one of them or lose some one close to you.
when you read this article you will be behind a desk or in a cafe but what about the one in the front line....do you think that you can read it too?
well,now the us is in sumalia,and trying to gain the war on terror,hope it wins???
cause i think the one who elected george buch is mind minor so you can not ask him for nothing just pitty him.
hope the best fo the poor people cause i know that the rich will never serve in iraq or in a war zone.
we still have 1 year of george buch presidency.
god help us all
what do you have to say to this Americans?

sus

I'm net negative on U.S. global meddling, just because it has a track record by now of rarely working. But it wasn't an insane proposition given what happened in the 1940s, given the Cold War. You pay with lives up front to save lives later, e.g. what happened in the World Wars. "5-15 marines a day"—gimme a break kid. WW2 was 30,000 deaths a day for five years.

sus

Kinda weird there's no appeal in Op to the civilian casualties of our Middle East involvement, which was the war's actual tragedy. Not three thousand American marines, who gives a shit. Try a quarter million innocents.

sus

I really couldn't care less about the occasional kid from Omaha getting buried in Arlington. All the front-page fuss that went on back then in the Iraq era, I remember growing up around it, pictures of flag-draped coffins. Meanwhile the collateral casualties—appalling, obscene, ignored.