Denon query

Guybrush

Dittohead
Does anyone know if Denon CD players are any good?

They’re just awful. Avoid at all costs. It’s Pioneer all the way, baby; opt for CDJ-800s (most bang for the buck) or CDJ-1000s (the industry standard with a bullet). Ok, time for a little wanking-fodder, I guess:

cdj800mk2top_detailpage.jpg

cdj1000mk3topdetailpagefx3.jpg

martin

----
The bloke in Richer Sounds said Denons weren't that great

Mind you, those two above are bloody expensive. Do Pioneers do cheaper ones (without mixing facilities)?

john eden

male pale and stale
Richer sounds can sort you out with good cd players with no mixing facilities.

I just use an ordinary hi-fi seperate one plugged into my dj mixer. Can't do very good cueing or vary the speed, but it does me ok. Except I only have one of them so can't mix two CDs together.

Those ones guybrush posted look wicked tho.

Do you specifically want one for DJing?

If you just want a normal CD player to listen to music, it will be fine unless you're one of those people who spends thousands of pounds on cables etc etc. or things like this (which is worth looking at for a laugh):
http://www.referenceaudiomods.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=NOB_C37_C

I've had a denon for 12 years and it works fine and sounds fine.
I don't think there's a lot of difference, it's not like a record player where different components are really important to the sound. The laser reads numbers off a cd and the D/A converts them to electrical impulses that go to the amp. I think the differences between the sound quality in CD players are pretty microscopic, just get one that's gonna last a few years.

If you want a DJing one, sorry I dunno.......

martin

----
Thanks Edward - yes, it's just for playing stuff on, I have no DJ skills whatsoever. Well, if there isn't a world of difference between CD players, I might pick it up then as it doesn't look bad (and has a pitch control, so I can play Dead Boys CDs at the speed they were intended). Still got my Technics amp from 11 years ago, so if it lasts that'll do me.