USB audio interface

nomos

Administrator
i didn't know you could get one for so little. i might think about this for myself. i don't know anything about this model but i am a fan of behringer for decent gear that doesn't cost much.

is the signal quality better with one of these RCA to USB devices than with the built-in 1/8 jack? i'm mainly interested in recording vinyl into the computer.

I don't know what you're using it for but if you were happy with the sound from the line-in you will probably be happy with the Behringer and I don't think you'll find anything cheaper.
Just don't expect it to last forever, or to be amazing punchy warm top class sound. Behringer are pretty notoriously cheapo. But I'm sure it'll work fine.

If you want better sound quality or more inputs then you have to spend a bit more, Edirol are good quality/price ratio for example.

My cheapo solution has been to use the cheapest interface i could find that has digital inputs, and to go from my mixer into an old DAT machine (that has good A/D conversion) and from there into the soundcard digitally. Cos I figure an old DAT machine probably has better converters in it than a laptop or a cheap soundcard.
But of course it's only a cheap solution if you already have an old DAT recorder lying around.
I dunno if that's the kind of thing you have already..... just a suggestion......

hope this helps.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
thanks you two

1/8 inch jack was fine for my purposes (generally to digitise vinyl or mixes), but now has an annoying hum.

i think i'll get the behringer.

Not to be patronising but before you spend your dosh, make sure the hum is from the computer's input and not from the DJ mixer's output orsomewhere else....