JB Simbleton / Quincy Bones

martin

----
Very slim shot, but if anyone knows where I could get hold of a copy of their 1993 12" "Old Time Skanking", PLEASE tell me! Or if you want to do a CD-R / burn swap of it, I'd definitely be up for that. Ta da!

PeteUM

It's all grist
Can't help, but I know the one. I had a cassette demo of theirs a while ago knocking around. Think I may have binned it...:eek:

philblackpool

gamelanstep
Revival thread number 852...plus 1 on this one...I MIGHT have a rough old tape of the track somewhere, but I'd really like the vinyl...

I actually saw them at the time, in Cambridge. They didn't have the vinyl with them & I asked for the address so I could mail order one & they were all funny about it, like maybe they were maybe on benefits & thought I was gonna dob them in for illegal income or something?! (I was only about 17!!). Looks like there might be a coupla places you can get it expensive: http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...n+bones+"old+time+skanking"&btnG=Search&meta=

They obviously kept up the Cambridge connection by the way, cos I saw them some time later queering Horace X's sorta eurofolk fusion pitch...not bad, but a bit of an example of when two good things come together & are less than the sum of the parts...