Ongoing 2007 Electronic releases

Commander Keen

So we all don't have to spend our days scouring Juno for those gems.

With ratings!

8-bit Operators: An 8-bit tribute to Kraftwerk
10/10

40 Winks: Sound Puzzle
6/10

Amon Tobin: Foley Room
9/10

Arne Weinberg: Path of the Gods
8/10

Blotnik Brothers: Mizuage
7/10

Cajuan: Raven
7/10

Calvin Harris: Acceptable in the 80's
9/10

Dalek: Abandoned Language
10/10

Dj Remo ft. Chelonis R Jones: Empire
?/10

Frivolous: Midnight Black Indulgence
6/10

Gui Buratto: Chromophobia
4/10

Guns n Bombs: Nothing is Getting Us Anywhere
8/10

Marc Romboy Vs. Chelonis R. Jones
?/10

Mundo: Da001
9/10

Nhar: Virgile
3/10

Pantha Du Price: This Bliss
6/10

Proswell: Bruxist Frog
9/10

Secede: Vega Libre
10/10
Download: xxx://senduit.com/548440

Secret Voices: No Time For Silence
7/10

Sideshow: Sideshow
9/10

Silicon Scally: Bioroid
9/10

ST: People I Barely Know
?/10

Trippy Disco: What I Did On My Summer Holidays
9/10

Rodion: Atala Ride
8/10
Download : xxx://senduit.com/6a726b

Last edited:

Guybrush

Dittohead
My gracious! If you really rate the current state of affairs this high, then good for you, I guess. :) The only one of those I’ve heard so far is the Gui Boratto album; four out of ten seems about right, I reckon. Is Dalek the distorted rap Däleks? If so, I must check it out.

Commander Keen

The releases with ?'s are ones that I haven't had time to properly assess. I love the Secede as well, obviously. It's exactly what I was looking for after Tryshasla. Don't get me wrong, I loved Tryshasla, but I certainly don't want to hear it again. Cheers. In fact, i'll upload the Secede and perhaps a few others for you all to hear. I'll edit my OP when done.

DJ PIMP

bits that have dragged me into 2007 (tho they were likely on vinyl in 2006 what with the staggered format release schedule)...

roberto rodriguez - moonraker serenade
marc romboy & stephan bodzin - puck/io
crackdown - sensoria
roman salzger - gasoliner/lollipop machine
art of tones - praise

Last edited:

Commander Keen

The clips for this Robert Rodriquez sound fantastic. Gonna have to look for this one. Is this indicative of his remaining catalog?

Commander Keen

Codec & Flexor: Killer Machine

I don't know old this is, but I just recently snatched it up. Haven't even listened to it in it's entirety.

It may not even be 2007...

I do love Codec at any rate.

Commander Keen

Updated OP with 2 records. I'll do some more later.

Here's the new Paul Keeley album Blunt Etiquette in a continuous mix by the The Autist. The unmixed album is available on Beatport, and I know the guys at Narita are interested in doing a physical copy of some sort (which would be great). This is probably my favorite 2006 thing thus far. To the person who was wondering where the 11's where, this is one of 'em, for certain.

Paul Keeley - Blunt Etiquette (Mixed by The Autist)
Download : http://epsilonlab.com/main/download...y_-_Blunt_Etiquette_-_Mixed_By_The_Autist.mp3

Last edited:

gek-opel

entered apprentice
Just listening to the new Dalek record... its lost the kind of almost-metal feel of "Absence", its much more string laden. Sounds good though...

Commander Keen

Déclassé - Remain Still

I just discovered this one earlier today but i've already quite warmed up to it. Reminds me of New Order a bit.
Uploaded for your enjoyment,

http://senduit.com/0ddc8c

EDIT: Straight from their Myspace
Influences: Last minute of "Perfect Kiss" by New Order.
The 2nd verse of "Karma Police" by Radiohead.
How electric guitar trembles in your hands when played hard.
Piezo-miked snare drum on "Seventeen Seconds" by The Cure.
Filter external input distortion of Roland SH-09.
Casio CZ-101 synthesizer.
Strings on "Altered States" by Ron Trent.
Guitar melody on the "Hands Burn" by Magenta Skycode.
The last minute of "That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore" by The Smiths.

Last edited:

Commander Keen

Just listening to the new Dalek record... its lost the kind of almost-metal feel of "Absence", its much more string laden. Sounds good though...

That's what I like most about this one over "Absence". Love both records but definitely prefer the more restrained approach on the newest.

Oh yeah, "Lynch",

Holy shit.

Commander Keen

Jesse Rose and Sinden - Me Mobile

This is 2006 but it's one of my favorite releases from last year so I put it up for s&g.

xxx://senduit.com/56a854

gek-opel

entered apprentice
That's what I like most about this one over "Absence". Love both records but definitely prefer the more restrained approach on the newest.

Oh yeah, "Lynch",

Holy shit.

"Absence" was a blast, but in its blastedness lacked any long term depth, this new records textural variety and subtlety implies that it will withstand substantially more listens... good stuff...

DJ PIMP

The clips for this Robert Rodriquez sound fantastic. Gonna have to look for this one. Is this indicative of his remaining catalog?
Not from what I've heard (Beatport). If you like that you might be into Alexander Maier - Road of Injury.

Still favouring the wonky pitch or dirty bass type electro house tunes tho, or moody stuff like
Romboy and Bodzin - Puck; rude tune. Not quite as gnarly as Bodzin's Pendulum; played that at a wedding on the weekend and the second breakdown brought one guy literally to his knees. That tune is exceptional tho... so powerful, and its got the rediscovered classic (in my books) straight (16ths) snare burst ala Pryda's Frankfurt.

Paul Keeley is sounding nice but a bit too much on the classicist shiny neo-detroit buzz for my tastes.

Commander Keen

bits that have dragged me into 2007 (tho they were likely on vinyl in 2006 what with the staggered format release schedule)...

roberto rodriguez - moonraker serenade
marc romboy & stephan bodzin - puck/io
crackdown - sensoria
roman salzger - gasoliner/lollipop machine
art of tones - praise

So, based on your strong endorsements of Bodzin, I decided to get a few things, and I must say I am very impressed. Mostly the Black Ice EP on Gigolo. Thanks. I actually put that EP on Senduit for those who haven't heard it. (2006)

http://senduit.com/8ede67

Cheers.

Last edited: