stooges live recordings

Gabba Flamenco Crossover

High Sierra Skullfuck
I was checking out a few stooges live clips on youtube last night (see youtube finds thread), absolutely blistering stuff. I'd like to get audio recordings of some of these early sets if they are knocking around. I have Metallic KO, which, while historically important and good value for Iggy's crowdbaiting antics, is musically a bit poor. The clips on youtube date from much earlier in the band's career when the Ashetons were still on board, and they're in a whole different league.

Like the MC5, the Stooges have loads of borderline legal releases of demos, gigs and general extra-album sonics floating around under thier name on various never-heard-of-them indie labels, so I'm hoping the tapes of these gigs and others like them have had audio releases at some point. Can anyone rec me a good place to start?

gumdrops

i have metallic ko as well but find it almost tame in comparison to what id read about it. i dont know if they just cleaned it up too much or if the older issues are the ones to get but it didnt seem as 'explosive' as all the reviews make out.

Kate Mossad

I spent a long time looking for this kind of thing a few years ago and as far as I could tell there is no available Stooges Mk. 1 live audio anywhere. The best I could come up with was a track called "Ron's Jam" on one of those dodgy semi-legit French releases. It sounded like a dictaphone recording of a distant wah wah solo in a wind tunnel.

Gabba Flamenco Crossover

High Sierra Skullfuck
I spent a long time looking for this kind of thing a few years ago and as far as I could tell there is no available Stooges Mk. 1 live audio anywhere.

:eek: Boo! Someone ought to get on the case and put some out then. There must be sounddesk recordings floating around out there somewhere.

The best I could come up with was a track called "Ron's Jam" on one of those dodgy semi-legit French releases. It sounded like a dictaphone recording of a distant wah wah solo in a wind tunnel.

I've got a 13th floor elevators live recording that sounds like it was done with two polystyrene cups and a piece of string. :D

Kate Mossad

I've got a 13th floor elevators live recording that sounds like it was done with two polystyrene cups and a piece of string.

Yeah, me too AND Bring Me Head of Yuri Gagarin by Hawkwind which actually sounds like a piece of string stretched over a polystyrene cup ("twanged" by a drug monkey. Obviously).