Jamie Woon

nomos

Administrator
I have a few questions and I can't find a lot of info about him online.

Is he well known either on a pop scale or within a particular scene? What's his audience (folk, 'world,' something else)? Or was it this collaboration with Burial and Switch brought him some degree of prominence? Does he have an album or is this his first release? Is he affiliated with a previous, known band/project? Just wondering where he came from and how this 12" came about.

mms

sometimes
I have a few questions and I can't find a lot of info about him online.

Is he well known either on a pop scale or within a particular scene? What's his audience (folk, 'world,' something else)? Or was it this collaboration with Burial and Switch brought him some degree of prominence? Does he have an album or is this his first release? Is he affiliated with a previous, known band/project? Just wondering where he came from and how this 12" came about.

his first release is with a label set up from a community music project
i emailed him via myspace the other day to enquire abotu the record, (its not out yet due to pressing issues) and he seemed like a nice guy, he's not well known. the rest you should ask him.

ramadanman

He's been blowing up the last year really - he gigs loads all around the place, really hard worker, and now its paying off. Started this night called "One Taste West" above this pub in Hammersmith, recommend you get down there if you can.

As yet no album, and i think this is his first release. On Live Recordings - which is an offshoot of LIVE Magazine i think which helps disadvantaged kids in south London. As blackdown said, Markle is the man to get in touch with.

So yeh, really nice guy, and watch out for him this year....definitely a lot of potential

mms

sometimes
most of us only know about this dude because of this site and the burial mix, nothing big but a reminder still.