Lion in the Hall

STN

sou'wester
Anyone know what the really long spoken sample was at the beginning of this tune? It bugs me from time to time, despite the fact that I haven't heard it for years.

john eden

male pale and stale
The Monkey Mafia one?

The "Lion in the Hall" sample is from:

logo.jpg

how does the rest of the sample go?

swears

preppy-kei
That Monkey Mafia tune was awesome! I suppose you could class it as "big beat" but it went way beyond that with all the crazy salsa beats and noisy electronic weirdness. Thanks for reminding me anyway, I'll dig it out tonight.

STN

sou'wester
The Monkey Mafia one it is, but the sample I'm thinking of is a man with an American accent(?) saying something like 'what does it matter what you own? You have gold and silver, it's going to rot' rather than the guy saying 'Lion in the hall'.

Still, didn't know that about Babylon so thanks for that, another reason to see it. Perhaps I'll start a thread about the mythical DVD reissue over on Blood and Fire, I don't think we've had nearly enough of those...

Edit: sorry John, missed the last line of your post where you made it clear that you knew I was talking about a different sample to the 'Lion in the Hall' one

Last edited:

Guybrush

Dittohead
The Monkey Mafia one it is, but the sample I'm thinking of is a man with an American accent(?) saying something like 'what does it matter what you own? You have gold and silver, it's going to rot' rather than the guy saying 'Lion in the hall'.

Still, didn't know that about Babylon so thanks for that, another reason to see it. Perhaps I'll start a thread about the mythical DVD reissue over on Blood and Fire, I don't think we've had nearly enough of those...

Edit: sorry John, missed the last line of your post where you made it clear that you knew I was talking about a different sample to the 'Lion in the Hall' one

Willem Dafoe in The Last Temptation of Christ, perhaps?

I'm here to tear down everything around you, and you know what I'm going to replace it with? Something new: God. The World of God. So take your bread and give it to the poor. What difference does it matter what you own? You have gold and silver? It's going to rot, and that rot is going to eat away your heart. All of you! There will be a flood, and there will be a fire. Everything will be destroyed. But there will be a new ark riding on that fire, and I hold the keys and I open the door, and I decide who goes in and who doesn't.

[b]racket

CJ Bolland sampled The Last Temptation of Christ in a tracked called 'The Prophet'.

STN

sou'wester
Dafoe it is - thanks for that. I'm now wondering if it was on the original tune or just on a mix I had...

STN

sou'wester
Looks like the mix also had the CJ Bolland tune on it too, so I guess I was thinking of that, thanks all.