nigel godrich telly show

mms

sometimes
whatever you think about the featured stuff this nigel godrich downloadable telly music show is a really interesting idea, esp as its a show that has sound that is pretty much mixed like a record, a good chance and quite a pioneering idea imo
http://www.mp3.com/news/stories/7546.html

funny how he's recording it on analogue gear then releasing the whole thing digitally though.

swears

preppy-kei
Cool, thanks! I'll tune in straight after I've picked up my copy of Q Magazine and a beige v-neck jumper from Next.

mms

sometimes
Cool, thanks! I'll tune in straight after I've picked up my copy of Q Magazine and a beige v-neck jumper from Next.

Predicatably you're first up with a smarmy pointless comment, regardless of what i said regarding the musical content of the programme and the fact that i've put this in technology.
well done swears. Also it seems you never really read the article in the first place as you won't be able to tune in, that's half the point.

Last edited:

swears

preppy-kei
I don't care about all these technical advances in the distribution and production of music, because the content is often really bland. Like that video painting thing Eno is doing now, who gives a shit? I wouldn't be suprised at all if the next big thing arrived on a marker-penned twelve inch.

mms

sometimes
I don't care about all these technical advances in the distribution and production of music, because the content is often really bland. Like that video painting thing Eno is doing now, who gives a shit? I wouldn't be suprised at all if the next big thing arrived on a marker-penned twelve inch.

well, you've just admitted you're trolling, don't answer posts you don't care about with pointless stupid comments.

Last edited:

swears

preppy-kei
Look, I genuinely think all the hype surrounding things like Napster, itunes, Youtube, Myspace, etc is tedious, because they just seem like new ways to consume the same old crap. If you don't think that's my honest opinion or a valid point, then whatevs, dood.

mms

sometimes
Look, I genuinely think all the hype surrounding things like Napster, itunes, Youtube, Myspace, etc is tedious, because they just seem like new ways to consume the same old crap. If you don't think that's my honest opinion or a valid point, then whatevs, dood.

right then, don't troll on the topic.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Why's Godrich doing it? Y'know, aside from the fact it's a great idea? Does one think it's a case of having money and contacts and doing something altruistic with it? Would be amazing if it comes with no adverts etc; he's obviously stating something by having Yorke n Stripes on in the first show.

mms

sometimes
Why's Godrich doing it? Y'know, aside from the fact it's a great idea? Does one think it's a case of having money and contacts and doing something altruistic with it? Would be amazing if it comes with no adverts etc; he's obviously stating something by having Yorke n Stripes on in the first show.

i think it's a concept of his own, that he's sorted, him and people hes recorded with. He has stuck it out digitally so there is no involvement from sponsors or whoever who would want to mess with it, which is admirable, someone i know has heard some of it and says the sound is really quite amazing, he's basically recording a visual album, which is an interesting concept, getting slightly 'bigger' in music as a digital format rather than the kind of reduction that digital as a format brings.

tht

akstavrh
the thom yorke segments are on mininova

two fairly bland piano&mumble songs quite like 'pyramid song', filmed a little like those bach fugue interludes on bbc2 a while back, so yeah i can't see anything particularly interesting apart from the combination of hd video and analogue sound (if that is interesting)

Last edited:

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
the thom yorke segments are on mininova

two fairly bland piano&mumble songs quite like 'pyramid song', filmed a little like those bach fugue interludes on bbc2 a while back, so yeah i can't see anything particularly interesting apart from the combination of hd video and analogue sound (if that is interesting)

I'm kinda really into it ( the idea..), there's an interview in MusicTech this month about how Jack White shaved off all the frequencies above 5kHz on the last White Stripes album, after having recorded it really pristinely. All that geek sound stuff gets me wet, and combining HD with analogue, Glenn Gould would have loved it.