Deal or No Deal?

C

cyst

Watched a bit of this earlier on. 45 minutes into the show the contestant settled for around £40,000, after which point the tension shifted from the collective wish to find the box containing the most money last to the polar opposite - that the last box he opened would contain the smallest amount. When it turned out he would have only won a minor amount the contestant and crowd celebrated wildly.

This seemed to be celebration in the aversion of a future that never would have existed. Is this not strange?

Anyway I've done a few searches and not seen this mentioned before [so hopefully it hasn't been] but having just read alot on the hauntology theories it seemed interesting to me. Hopefully its in the right section too.

ramadanman

I kinda see what you're getting at

But the crowd is celebrating mainly cos the contestant has 'beat the banker' as they call it. IE he has sold his low value box for a high value, therefore ripping off the fictional banker

Haha i'm taking this a bit too seriously here :D

martin

----
I only saw a snatch of this show last year, Noel Edmonds leered into the camera and said "We're taking a break...but you'll be back...you know you will". I switched off and haven't looked at it since. Bunch of grown men running around making baby noises cos they're on TV. It's even worse than Swap Shop.

mms

sometimes
i find noel edmonds very scary, very very sinister. his face, hair and beard combo, jumpers weird shape, accent that you can't really place is all very odd. I think he might be in league with brian warner.

Last edited:

tom pr

i find noel edmonds very scary, very very sinister. his face, hair and beard combo, jumpers weird shape, accent that you can't really place is all very odd. I think he might be in league with brian warner.
That young one on Mock The Week once pointed out how much Edmonds looks like a lizard, and I haven't been able to look at him the same way since.

Martin Dust

Techno Zen Master
That young one on Mock The Week once pointed out how much Edmonds looks like a lizard, and I haven't been able to look at him the same way since.

I've worked with him, he does have one eye smaller than the other and he did lack confidence but he's an OK kind of bloke to be honest, no hassle or attitude just bad dress sense.