Eurovision contests new profile

Woebot

can you imagine any band at all being keen to get onto the eurovision song contest, i dunno, 5 years ago?

i blame the big brother/heat cult of totally meaningless celebrity. any publicity at all is seen as good publicity.

"Justin Hawkins - former frontman of glam rock band The Darkness - is hoping to sing at the Eurovision Song Contest. The singer and guitarist is one of six acts competing to represent the UK in this year's competition in Helsinki.

Former East 17 star Brian Harvey, ex-Atomic Kitten Liz McClarnon, and hip-hop group Big Brovaz are also vying to take part."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6404193.stm

martin

----
It's been like this ever since Dana International won, post-ironic, etc etc. Personally, I don't think it's ever been as good since the year it was hosted in Denmark and everyone rang up complaining about Terry Wogan (who spent the whole event slagging off the comperes, ripping the piss out of every act and accusing Monaco of being cheats)

Guybrush

Dittohead
ark4fj9.jpg

Glam-rockers the Ark, who really are quite good, won the trial contest over here tonight. Beats Lordi any day, but the song’s admittedly a bit crap:

The Worrying Kind

ChineseArithmetic

It is what it is
I hate that cunt from The Darkness more than any other musician ever. I hope Brian Harvey and the Atomic Kitten beat his ass like a gong.