Junior Boys remixed by Kode 9

michael

Bring out the vacuum
Couldn't see anything about this, surely a Dissensus wet dream?

Well, for some...

EP due out on the 10th of April.

Junior Boys - Dead Horse EP

01 In the Morning (Hot Chip Remix)
02 FM (Tensnake Remix)
03 Like a Child (Carl Craig Remix)
04 Double Shadow (Kode9 Remix)
05 FM (Marsen Jules Remix)

Last edited:

UFO over easy

online mahjong
I like this a lot more than the other remix on his myspace.. it's going to grate having a hot chip tune in my collection though :slanted:

looking forward to hearing the marsen jules thing too.

elgato

I just dont know
i actually think hot chip are sick. listened to their LP for the first time today and was massively impressed

Commander Keen

Only one I can really get into here is the Tensnake rmx. Not really surprising, Jr boys remix track record has been pretty poor so far IMO - i.e. Fennesz rmx

EDIT: and the Kode9 rmx. Blech.

I guess the Marsen Jules one is fine really but if i'm hearing a Jr boys rmx I want some groove

michael

Bring out the vacuum
Surprised by there being even two negative comments about that Fennesz mix, I think it's astoundingly good, one of the best non-dance remixes I've heard.

UFO over easy

online mahjong
What are everyone's issues with the Fennesz and Kode 9 remixes?

I understand the point that a junior boys remix lacking groove might grate, but remixes coming from exactly the same angle as the original are boring :) and the kode one is groovy as hell

re: hot chip, I don't have any huge issues with their sound, which I find bland more than particularly offensive, but I find it too difficult to seperate from the context. Everything surrounding them, their press and their evangelical fans, really gets on my nerves :D

Same with junior boys to some extent actually, although their music is phenomenal so it doesn't really matter as much.