A Nuclear Eurovision

Choice of forum category is really indeterminate for this topic.

"Israel has chosen its entry for the Eurovision Song contestPush the Button by Teapacks. However there is doubt that it will be able to follow in the footsteps of Izhar Cohen and Alpha Beta, Milk and Honey and Dana International and bring victory to Israel.

According to the Jerusalem Post it is possible that it will not be permitted to take part in this year's competition. Eurovision Song Contest... "

Israel's Eurovision Entry:

Push the Button

lyrics and music: Kobi Oz - Audio and Video Here

The world is full of terror

If someone makes an error

He's gonna blow us up to biddy biddy kingdom come

There are some crazy rulers they hide and try to fool us

With demonic, technologic willingness to harm

They're gonna push the button

push the button push the bu, push the bu, push the button

Everybody's suffering

The streets are filled with violence

How lucky we are

To have got this far

Without even getting injured

As this regime, so fanatical

Gets even more tactical

It's so tragic my eyes fill with tears

And I don’t want to die

I want to see the flowers bloom

Don’t want a go capoot ka boom

And I don’t want to cry

I wanna have a lot of fun

Just sitting in the sun

But nevertheless

He’s gonna push the button

push the button push the bu push the bu push the button

Messages are exploding on me

Rockets are flying and landing on me

Police and thieves are chasing me

Jumping on me and pestering me

Woe is me, woe is me, answer me oh living God

This nightmare is too long

When I am barely living and everyone is aiming at me it is too early, perhaps, to sing that I have given you my life

Wha, Wha the police

Weeoo, weeoo a rescue team

Here it is in the semi-finals without salaam

Red is not only a colour, it's more like blood.

I'm gonna push the button

push the button push the bu, push the bu, push the button

Israeli 'terror' song faces Eurovision ban

By Donald Macintyre in Jerusalem
Published: 02 March 2007

Eurovision is threatening to ban Israel's entry for its annual song contest in because of its "inappropriate" political message. "Push the Button", the song from one of Israel's most experienced and popular bands, Teapacks, has lyrics that go to the heart of the country's most prevalent security fears, but in tones tinged with irony.

The words of the song - in English, French and Hebrew, - have already been interpreted as addressing fears of a strike by Iran as well as attacks by Palestinian militants.

[ ... ]

Oz said that the song, an occasionally Queen-like musical blend of rap, rock and more oriental sound, was "multicultural", adding for good measure: "We are not working to make nice to everyone. Real art provokes responses and provokes people into arguing." At one point the band sing, in what could be construed as a reference to Israel's own nuclear arsenal: "If it continues to be frightening, then only then I will say I'm gonna push the button, push the button, push the button, push the button."

Yoav Ginai, the head of the Israel Broadcasting Authority's judging committee, has described Oz as "one of the most unique and original composers in the country".

Needless to add, could you imagine such a rabid sonic dirge as an entry in any competition [outside of Israel]? A million-to-one-on its banned ...