what did you listen to today?

machine hugger

(())(())((+))(())(())
me:

Isis-Panopticon
Ed Rush/Optical-Out of the Box
Sadies-favorite coulours
Unclassics-Morgan Geist

Maybe you bought it or maybe it came through a promo stack.
BTW I really want to hear that african psychedelic comp.
and yes I realise we all hear too much everyday.

down to it- I need to hear some good stuff. Cheers.

Backjob

Michael Mayer - "Touch" a couple of times through. It's nice but not as incredible as I hoped it'd be. A bit too trancey and linear for my liking.

Basteroid - the first Areal EP. This is great. Shades of early dj Rush but with added emotional pianos and clicky electro beats laid over 4/4 kicks. Really fresh.

Ada - "Lovelace"

Tinchy Strider over "Screwface" riddim - monstrous monstrous track. Huge pummelling bass from five different directions at once, like being beaten over the head with low frequencies. I've heard him do that chat before, over the dj mondie track, but this pisses all over it.

S

simon silverdollar

ada is SO good. really, really loving that neo-kompkat-esque romantic, macro, techno + house that breaks yr heart, at the moment.

yesterday i listened to;
-arve henriksen's new one [good, but not as good as the boomkat review made it out to be]
-the knife, 'heart beats [rex the dog mix], over and over, which i downloaded from stypod and might be the greatest, most moving song of all time. it's like being at the triumphant end of an 80s teen movie, driving into the sunset with the girl/boy of yr dreams, for 6 glorious minutes.
- favela funk courtesy simon r, but i'm saving writing about that for my blog innit.
-an old logan sama tape where he plays the delicious track 'baby' where davinche makes like fennesz and wiley sounds so so sad.

originaldrum

from start till done
mixmaster mikes "bangzilla" & a little bit of a solo acoustic version of tracey "i'm not a man" chapman's - takin about a revolution, at an irish pub after work eh!

nonightsweats

5 hours commuting leads to :

crosby / nash : has some very good songs, much to my amazement

mandarin - fast present future : unexpectedly quite good

parkins / mori - phantom orchard : just lovely

soulwax - any minute now : god, i hate this saturated rock production

a short apnea - just arrived : still not sure

juana molina - segundo : fab drones and gorgeous melodies

Slimzee's bingo beats vol.3 mix, which is just the thing for Friday morning.
Also can't get Wonder feat. Kano's "What have you done?" out of my head. Top tune.

B

be.jazz

So far today:
The Psychedlic Sounds of West Africa comp - excellent, if not particularly psych, IMO.
Nils Petter Molvaer "Streamer" - not much of interest has happened since "Solid Ether."
Roy Hargrove "Strength EP" - two fantastic, relentless funk tracks at the beginning (the first of which ties in nicely with the above-mentioned comp), the remaining 30 minutes range from mediocre to good.

Intend to listen to some Andrew Hill later on.

Hadean

10 below
haven't listened to, but have been thinking about The Damned - Strawberries and John Martyn - One World, two albums I've repeatedly heard good things about and am just now getting round to

satanmcnugget

geez, still early...listened to Roni Size and Dennis Brown this morning before work

wait...listened to Steve Reich while going to sleep last night...kinda counts

Flyboy

In the last 24 hours...

Last night, was listening to the Fiery Furnaces' Blueberry Boat , in particular the sequence 'Paw Paw Tree' > 'My Dog Was Lost But Now He's Found' > 'Mason City'.

Today I've been listening to some Wu-Tang (in preparation for when I get hold of their new live album): a bit of Only Built 4 Cuban Linx on the way to work, a bit of Iron Flag on the way home.

Then this evening I've been listening to various things on Fluxblog and Byron Bitchlaces , notably 'Gay Boy' by Futon and 'Heiden' by Michael Mayer. And the three songs by The Mean Corner available for download from their website - I guess the Mean Corner are my discovery of the day...

robin

assorted big l freestyles
a rap show on 1xtra
loop finding jazz by jan jenelick (really getting into this)
money jungle by duke ellington,mingus and max roach (i think its max roach anyway)
various tracks off supreme clientele and wu tang forever this morning in my mates house before going home to bed

kek-w

"Empire/Dragon" by Circle for about the fifth bloody day inna row...must put something else on the deck.

In the car: various freebie CDs from the daily mirror, etc. My daughter's favourite (and mine): "Video killed the radio star" by Buggles. Honourable mentions: "99 Red Balloons", "The Final Countdown" and "Word Up".

robin

you know i never heard word up until this august?
i was at a free party on raithlin island off the coast of northern island and as i was looking for whoever had the weed i walked past a rig that was blaring it
i was fairly ambushed by the funk
what a song!
i initially thought it was prince
no idea how i managed to avoid it until the age of 22...

francesco

Minerva Estassi
... just got a parcel of newly purchased cd's today and give to all a (undeep) listen all the day while mostly cleaning the house and cooking, in this order:

virgin prunes - a new form of beauty
king tubby - in fine style
gorguts - obscura
indiepop vol.1 (rough trade shop aa.vv.)
jah wobble - i could have been a contender
alice coltrane - lord of lord

about 10 hours of background music!!! (will give a deep listen in the next days...)
ciao da francesco

machine hugger

(())(())((+))(())(())
I love hearin these!!

today is my electro freak out day. Maybe it's the cold, dark weather we are havin' out here. :rolleyes:

Hmmm..

Lory D style techno
Dopplereffekt
Omd (Maid of Orleans)
Clone comp-We Still Kill the Old Way.

nothing new but hey
still love it