Simple Headphone Mind

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
Not a thread about one of the few good Stereolab songs, but a thread about headphones.

Firstly, I'm interested in getting some of those noise-cancelling headphones. Are they any good? And does anyone have any recommendations?

Secondly, why are headphones in record shops often so damn loud? It kind of makes everything sound pretty rocking, but it can make your ears bleed.

zhao

there are no accidents
so are those the most durable and best quality? what brand and what kind is it?

eleventhvolume

iLounge recently did a five part roundup on headphones, concluding part here. Personally, I've been very happy with my Shure E3Cs - when you refer to noise-cancelling, I assume you mean the technical system that does this - I've not tried those, but can't see the point when canal-phones do the job perfectly well without tech. The E3C's sound is very clear and direct, though I've heard some think it's a tad stinting on the bass, I've got no complaints. If you're in the market you should definitely research price via eBay, Kelkoo, Froogle - I saved 40% going via eBay.

Hope this helps, Colin.

ome

the Sennheiser CX300 Ear Canal Headphones are very popular here at the office, but beware buying imitation ones on ebay.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
yeah, they do- but the cx300s are my second pair of in-canal earphones and are far better than the sony's i previously had.

they encourage aural hygiene- win win!