House/electro/acid 12" recommendations...

I've just started DJing (I suck now, so no worries about me uploading terrible mixes for at least several months), and I'm looking for recommendations...mostly concentrating on house, new-electro, old acid house, and trendy hipster scum disco/post-punk stuff. Anything is helpful- classics especially, but overlooked gems, current favorites, etc. are more than welcome too. Please do stick to stuff that's in print or at least easy to find relatively cheap, though- I'm not ready or financially able to start scouring ebay for rare wax just yet. Thanks.

dubplatestyle

if you will do the blend i've been mulling on for months now of "plastic dreams" into villalobos' "dexter", i'll be very happy.

Heh. I probably don't have the skill to execute it successfully, and I don't have "Dexter" on vinyl (would it kill him to release it with "Easy Lee" as a double a-side?), but I'll look into it...I assume you mean the Jaydee tune, right?

(edit) ...he said, before realizing he didn't know of any other track called "Plastic Dreams." Note to self: do not post on less than four hours of sleep.

Last edited:

dubplatestyle

yeah, jaydee.

it probably won't even work. i've just been obsessed with the idea of it since the summer and i haven't owned a pair of decks in like three or four years now.

Backjob

Some of the essential instant impact house/electro/acid crossover type records of last year would be:

John Tejada - "Sweat (on the walls)"
Panash - "Jack II Jack" (Jesper Dahlback mix)
Justus Kohncke - "Timecode"
Rex the Dog - "Frequency/I look into mid air"
Schaeben and Voss - "Spiel Mit" (Alter Ego remix)
Riton - "Square eyes"

As for really, really new stuff, I dunno. Not been shopping in a while.

dubplatestyle

maybe a tiefschwarz remix? spektrum's "kinda new (tiefschwarz remix)" and blackstrobe remix of their "ghosttrack". oh and blackstrobe's "italian fireflies." kohncke's "zwei photon" ep. the most recent metro area ep (with "proton candy"). the jacques lu cont remix of that gwen stefani song, the le dust sucker lp, .

classics...this is way too broad. what era are you looking for? any specific sound/scene?