Dubstep is revolting

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
fuck that's totally ridiculous...like ben ufo said it's a PIRATE radio station. I don't understand this at all.

ps. and what did happen to gutterbreakz last year? I think i missed that.

Last edited:

ramadanman

this is a joke, and pisses me off so so much

the scales have tipped i think

going to be very interesting to see how this progresses

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
Nothing more to say really except this is totally tragic, as Barefiles was one of the great music sites of the last couple of years.

nomos

Administrator
people are seriously pissed off it seems - alot of people in that thread saying nay to fwd.

i've taken down all ammo-related reviews from Riddim.ca.

i should say though, appleblim works at ammunition and is a fantastic guy who does a lot of good work. so this is in no way a dismissal of all the people involved, just the decision-makers and the way they go about their business.

Last edited:

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
i've taken down all ammo-related reviews from Riddim.ca.

i should say though, appleblim works at ammunition and is a fantastic guy who does a lot of good work. so this is in no way a dismissal of all the people involved, just the decision-makers and their 'business' practices.

Think this is right. Consumer pressure is the way forward here.

Logos

Ghosts of my life
This is fucked. Really and truly fucked.

FWD was getting fucking boring anyway on Fridays...I really (oh the dilema) want to see Pinch there next week but after this I think it will be my last visit for the forseeable future.

:(

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Anyone know a music lawyer who's prepared to work on this one for free? I don't understand how they can own the mixes if it's a pirate and it's being done for free.

bruno

est malade
the decent thing to do would be to calculate the increase in ammunition sales since barefiles has been up and give a fair cut of that to deapoh. some sort of petition could do the trick.

in the meantime nomos has the right idea, time to boycott these bastards.

Logos

Ghosts of my life
Anyone know a music lawyer who's prepared to work on this one for free? I don't understand how they can own the mixes if it's a pirate and it's being done for free.

Its bollocks really...they can't own the rights to all the music surely because those rights are owned by the artists, publishing companies or whatever. So what exactly is it they own - I suppose to the performance?

Are rinse even a company that would be recognised in a court of law? Surely the fact that they broadcast illegally would mean they wouldn't have a leg to stand on, unless they intend giving up the pirate game altogether and going totally net (they wouldn't be the first).

MATT MAson

BROADSIDE
This is absolutely sickening.

It's so depressing to see organizations like Ammunition taking a leaf out of the majors books and acting like mobsters. Dupstep, Ammunition and FWD only exist because of pirates and the support of things like barefiles. I'd like to hear Geeneus, who I've always thought was a very reasonable guy, or someone else from Ammunition post a response to all this. As far as I can make out, there is nothing driving this but a very irrational form of greed, the type I usually associate with people who do way too much coke.

This is counterintuitive to the way innovation happens within music. I expect the majors not to get it, they never have, but when their terminal case of fuckwittedness starts to infect smaller labels, I'm at a loss. I heard some very depressing stories recently about certain high profile grime/dubstep artists doing some very low five-figure publishing deals at the behest of EMI, who could of and should have held out for six and are now finding themselves to be financially castrated. All of this bullshit seems to be originating with the same person. I'm not going to name names, but my advice is to avoid her at all costs.

bruno

est malade
it's interesting that they should do this now that there is a bit of a tempa fatigue, and generally more attention to smaller labels and artists not affiliated with rinse. hopefully the new barefiles will host sub fm sets, those are excellent.