isn't Lawrence just IDM?

Commander Keen

It seems to fall under the umbrella of minimal techno but i'll be damned if it doesn't fill a huge void in my new music listening habits that i'm always desperate to fill i.e. lack of new a.r.t/b12/early warp/likemind type music.

Is anyone even producing this old sound in any capacity any more because i'd be very happy to lap it all up

UFO over easy

online mahjong
his stuff as Sten is more standard techno fare, but equally cool :) he's one of these chaps that seems to effortlessly produce a massive amount of really varied music..

leamas

agreed, he's a great producer. loving his remix of Lusine on the podgemlism album at the moment. have you checkedf out Andy Stott? his stuff on modern love is similarly musical, though a bit tougher, and his album merciless is really interesting.

'intelligent' (as in IDM) has always been a cursed moniker in dance music. many of the artists it has been attached to, eg LTJ Bukem and the 'intelligent' jungle crew, deserved a better title. they made tunes which were great for raving to, not (just) coffee table stuff.

makes you think about what you might class as stupid dance music. for me... tiefschwarz? it isn't necessarily a term of derision.