TG live CDs

martin

----
Right, not sure if this is the right section or what....years ago, I bought the TG24 and TG+ box sets discounted off eBay. I'm thinking of flogging some of the gigs from these, say a fiver a pop, which would basically be the original IRCD (NOT a CD-r of it) plus the unique cardboard slip cover.

Just wondering if anyone here'd be interested in any of these? If so, I can whack up a list of the ones I'm getting shot of, so people here can have first dabs. If not, I'll chance it on eBay (though don't know if their policy dictates you have to sell each box set as a whole...I already flogged the badges and postcards that came with them some time ago...)

john eden

male pale and stale
I will pass, but...

You should be able to flog em one by one on ebay no problem. But if it was me I'd just shove the lot on there as a set and see what happened - less aggro that way cos there is one person to deal with and one parcel to send off.

martin

----
It's one of the reasons I've spent the past 10 years petitioning Dial House to withdraw all the Crass records with fold-out sleeves - imagine somebody driving and casually flicking through the lyrics, then realising they can't fold it back - and the thing spreading out across their windscreen. It's the stuff of nightmares. Over 400 letters I've sent, stating this danger, and yet not one reply.

john eden

male pale and stale
It's one of the reasons I've spent the past 10 years petitioning Dial House to withdraw all the Crass records with fold-out sleeves - imagine somebody driving and casually flicking through the lyrics, then realising they can't fold it back - and the thing spreading out across their windscreen. It's the stuff of nightmares. Over 400 letters I've sent, stating this danger, and yet not one reply.

I'd hate to be driving along and for the last words I ever read to be about "man fear / woman fear / cock fear" or whatever it was.

The very least they could do would be to put a sticker on the front saying "do not use whilst operating heavy machinery or driving/ YOU consumer zombie passive observer / FUCK THE SYSTEM BEFORE IT FUCKS YOU" with a nice little crass logo.

martin

----
once again the moral majority impose their brute force on us/we are obliged to warn you that serious papercuts can be sustained/as a result of rolling joints on this record/funny how they never slapped this warning on the first clash lp/but then andrex soft puppies in gummed cardboard are easier to control/but the joke's on us/when all that's talked about is sleeve glue and safety regulations/revolution?/wise up mugs/it's still the fucking same/hse act 1974 directive 2b/hiroshima, you bleed upon the cross/cotton wool the young in your hardhat nightmare/ANOK4U2

john eden

male pale and stale
once again the moral majority impose their brute force on us/we are obliged to warn you that serious papercuts can be sustained/as a result of rolling joints on this record/funny how they never slapped this warning on the first clash lp/but then andrex soft puppies in gummed cardboard are easier to control/but the joke's on us/when all that's talked about is sleeve glue and safety regulations/revolution?/wise up mugs/it's still the fucking same/hse act 1974 directive 2b/hiroshima, you bleed upon the cross/cotton wool the young in your hardhat nightmare/ANOK4U2

One day we WILL release the best anarchopunk single evah!!!

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
Why did you buy the TG24 set?

I mean... why?

I see TG have a new CD out. Looks pretty. Probably a lot less wanky than if it was a solo Gen effort.

martin

----
Why did you buy the TG24 set?

I mean... why?

Because I was going out with someone who detested industrial and said, "You're a lunatic if you pay 85 quid for that, you won't even listen to half of it and you've still not paid the gas bill, my birthday's coming up soon (suggestive sigh)". Red rag to a bull.

john eden

male pale and stale
Because I was going out with someone who detested industrial and said, "You're a lunatic if you pay 85 quid for that, you won't even listen to half of it and you've still not paid the gas bill, my birthday's coming up soon (suggestive sigh)". Red rag to a bull.

You should have invited her over "for a candle lit biirthday dinner" and then mentioned that you'd had the gas cut off, before giving her the box set as a present. Er, probably.

D

dubversion

THE NATURE OF YOUR OPPRESSION IS THE AESTHETIC OF OURRRR.... ARGGHHHHH ICE CREAM VAN

crunch

D

dubversion

3c_1_b.JPG

john eden

male pale and stale
Do you {heart} them enough to give Martin £3.000, though? I think that is a good price and you would be supporting the future of industrial culture (i.e. BTI and its subsidiaries) also.

Martin - 5% if it comes off, yeah?

john eden

male pale and stale
You're going about it all wrong!

Speculate to accumulate - buy the TG set of Martin for 3 grand (bargain!) flog it on ebay for 6 grand, then buy the Merzbox...

I despair of you ever becoming a decent capitalist, Dubversion!