please recommend me some songs similar to trae and hawk's 'swang'.

• Thread starter simon silverdollar
  • Start date
S

simon silverdollar

the sun is shining, london's living life on the streets, and it's a bank holiday: i'm listening to trae and hawk's 'swang' over and over, and it's perfect.

what else should i listen to?

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
God, that's an impossible task Simon, that song really requires constant playing. Anything by DJ Screw but it's not quite the same. 'The Lady In My Life' by Michael Jackson for the original sample. 'Millions of Images' by Gus Van Sant and William Burroughs for a similar vibe. 'I really mean it' by The Diplomats, slowed down. But they're not quite the same thing.

stelfox

Beast of Burden
well it sort of means "swing", but specifically applied to driving.
the song is all about loss, mourning and cars.
"swang and swang and swang to the left/pop my trunk for fat pat's death..."
swangin' and bangin' (cf ESG's swang and bang as the track that really defined the term) refers to a very slow driving style where the driver makes the car weave lazy arcs down the road, left and right (swanging), while leaning at a ridiculous angle, almost into the passenger seat (cf. paul wall's "sittin' sidewayz"), and playing Screw tapes incredibly loudly (banging).

re things with a similar feel, they're not the same but i think you'd love any of the og ron c fuck action screwed r&b mixes. go to www.mixtapetorrent.com and you'll find some.

Last edited: