Look Around You

Karl Kraft

Had not thought about this for a while as I'd given my Look Around You DVD away as a gift when I was broke, but just noticed Simon has stumbled back over this series:

http://blissout.blogspot.com/2007_04_01_archive.html#4520260787762958112

I abso loved the first series, remember 'Sulphur' being particularly wonderful, and the 'next module' episodes they never made like 'Reggae'. Met lab assistant 'Len Pounds' who consumed the 'Sulphate' mixture on the bus to Archway once. Great series. Anyone else happen accross this first time in 02?

bunnnnnn

a mate of mine worked on the props and set design for this! the first series was fantastic, but the second series (where they swapped the 5 minute open university/ schools and colleges format for a half an hour slot with more of a slant towards nationwide / tomorrows' world pastiche) fell a bit flat on the script department.

enjoyed watching it again on youtube thanks to the reminder from blissblogger. i love the maths episode, which momus riffs on here

Karl Kraft

Yeah first series so beautifuly put together. They captured the look and feel of those progs so well, maybe if they'd have made it a bit more subtle it would have worked even better. I remember when I first happened accross it, for a moment, thought that late night bbc schools 'teachers set your recorders now' slot had started early. Took me right back to my middle school's 'tv room'.
In 2nd series they didn't use the period tv equimnt, guest entered thru that awful CGI portal... still some great moments tho.