Wiley/skull Juice/logan Sama/afrikan Boy/tapedeck @styleslut 27/04/07

killuridols

Change the game
THESTYLESLUT.COM PRESENTS:

HOOD-STONBURY ’07 (HOOD RATS NEED LOVE, TOO)
FRIDAY 27th April @ 93 FEET EAST

It’s festival time again and we’re sure that watching bands in a big muddy field with Michael Eavis for a few days is probably a whole lot of fun, but imagine if you took all those bands and turned them into amazing DJ’s like Skull Juice, Tapedeck, Kitsune record’s Punks Jump Up, Kiss FM’s Logan Sama and Real Gold’s The Three Romantic’s and plonked them in 93 Feet East on Brick lane? What if a band so special that we're not even allowed to say who they are yet and Wiley - the originator of grime and stuff - were perfoming? What if Afrikan Boy – the creator of the funniest and bestest grime song ever came down to perform his underground hit ‘One Day I Went To Lidl’? What if the STYLESLUT peeps told everyone to dress like a ‘Hood-Rat’ by wearing oversized new era hats and way too much jewellery to show the world that hood rats are actually rather nice people? Yeah. What if……..

'THESTYLESLUT.COM PRESENTS: HOOD-STONBURY ’07 (HOOD RATS NEED LOVE, TOO) @ 93 FEET EAST, 150 BRICK LANE, E1 6QL

FRIDAY 27th April 7PM - 1AM

FREE BEFORE 9PM, £5 AFTER

SURPRISE SPECIAL GUESTS! +WILEY (LIVE!) +AFRIKAN BOY PERFORMING ‘LIDL’ +SKULL JUICE + PUNKS JUMP UP (KITSUNE) + LOGAN SAMA (KISS FM) +TAPEDECK +THE THREE ROMANTICS (REAL GOLD) +WARBOY (AYCE) + ZOMBIE DISCO SQUAD + DISASTER DECKS & TICK CHOONG TING (STYLESLUT) +SOULBOY MYSTIC COLLECTIVE +YO MOMMA

DRESS CODE: GOLD CHAINS, BIG ASS DOOR KNOCKER EARRINGS, NU ERA HATS
(W/TAGS+STICKERS), DOPE KICKS, FAKE HANDBAGS, BAD WEAVES, TATOOS

BAD ATTITUDES WILL NOT BE TOLERATED

FOR INFO ON THE SECERET AFTER PARTY HOLLA ON: clubstyleslut1@yahoo.co.uk

Or myspace: myspace.com/clubstyleslut

www.thestyleslut.com
www.myspace.com/styleslut

petergunn

plywood violin
THESTYLESLUT.COM PRESENTS:
What if the STYLESLUT peeps told everyone to dress like a ‘Hood-Rat’ by wearing oversized new era hats and way too much jewellery to show the world that hood rats are actually rather nice people? Yeah. What if……..

DRESS CODE: GOLD CHAINS, BIG ASS DOOR KNOCKER EARRINGS, NU ERA HATS
(W/TAGS+STICKERS), DOPE KICKS, FAKE HANDBAGS, BAD WEAVES, TATOOS

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

Noah Baby Food

I ain't got a problem with this, but I wonder what old Logan would say about this if he wasn't being paid to play...
no diss lads but 'hoodrats need love too' and ironic 'hood' clothing...it don't smell good...patronising perhaps? minstrel show? props for putting on some grime though.

killuridols

Change the game
I ain't got a problem with this, but I wonder what old Logan would say about this if he wasn't being paid to play...
no diss lads but 'hoodrats need love too' and ironic 'hood' clothing...it don't smell good...patronising perhaps? minstrel show?.

god bless you for putting on good music, but this is a bad look...

The theme was not constructed to be patronising or offensive. Who really claims to be a ‘Hood-Rat’ with pride, anyways? What is a ‘Hood-Rat’ when you break it down?

It’s really just meant to be fun. Don't take it as serious social commentary. Many people would say that ‘Hood-rats’ are unsavoury characters or that they all look a certain way etc - if anything we’re patronising the people that cultivate and believe these silly stereotypes.