Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Not heard it and may

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Hated it

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters

crackerjack

Anyone else heard this?

Yeah, and in fact I was glancing at your confession to your late arrival on it the other day and thinking much the same thing. It takes a little while and the right circumstances (a walk in the park, lying in bed with a spliff), but once you get into it it's fucking fantastic. I played it almost every night for a month.

john eden

male pale and stale
It was on in the background at a mate's barbecue yesterday and I thought it was pretty good.

But I didn't make him get the kids of the computer so he could burn me a copy or anything. ;)

Tyro

The Kandy Tangerine Man
VERY VERY DULL!

Daman Alban is little more than a Peter Gabriel for the naughties.This is perfect background noise to read The Guardian to.

NO MORE NEED BE SAID!

Leo

got this as "girlfriend purchase" (something she might like to balance out all the harsh music i subject her to) and i've really gotten to like it. great to play while cooking, doing dishes, etc.

Had it for a few months now, but only recently been really drawn into it. Like previous posters, it was a matter of the right circumstances that brough the album into focus. Driving around at 2 a.m., in the rain, seems to have done it.

Seems curious that it's appealing to folks who don't/didn't like Blur, as it very much seems like the sad song bits like "Yuko & Hiro" filtered through dub and krautrock. The sonics are somewhat different -- though it isn't completely removed from some of the material on "13" or "Think Tank" -- but the song writing seems very similar, moreso than anything Damon's done outside of Blur.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
The whole concept of it is sort of a tradition unfamiliar to me. It's a bit nerdy.

But at the same time, anything Damon sings on I can't disagree with. Anyone who was 8 years old and listening to Blur when they were at their best will probably tell you the same thing.