i-tunes track order problem!!!!

zhao

there are no accidents
driving me fucking nuts right now, i hope you know solution:

one of my dj mixes. when i click on ARTIST it is in order, but when i click on ALBUM it is all out of sequence -- 01-07-14-03-08... etc.

and there seems to be nothing i can do to change this - including manually typing in "01 of 27" in GET INFO for each track. (yes i did that 27 times)

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

and all my other mixes are fine! just this one! makes me want to set cars on fire in the street below.

john eden

male pale and stale
Just join em all together as one track. It annoys the piss out of me when people do mixes as mp3s and they are all chopped up.

If I want to skip about then I can do it that by dragging the progress bar...

Guybrush

Dittohead
John Eden is right. Splitting mixes into single files is pointless and kills the flow. When an mp3-player jumps from one song to the next, there is always a short, but annoying, gap.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
My i-tunes is deciding whether it wants to play tracks at the moment, some of them it just cuts out completely.

michael

Bring out the vacuum
and there seems to be nothing i can do to change this - including manually typing in "01 of 27" in GET INFO for each track. (yes i did that 27 times)
For Windows there are a zillion free mp3 tagging applications, plenty of which have scripting / auto-renumbering type options in them. You could download any one of them and see how it goes. I presume there are similar options for MacOS if you're using a Mac.

When an mp3-player jumps from one song to the next, there is always a short, but annoying, gap.
Dunno if you mean mp3 playing software or iPod type box... either way mine doesn't have any gaps.

I thought the latest version of iTunes fixed this, but I've never used it, so am only going by what friends have said.

bruno

est malade
see if the files are numbered correctly in the finder then drag the folder into your playlists, that should do the trick.

bruno

est malade
also see if your album field is tagged correctly, you may have added a space after the name on some of the files. do a command i on the files, if the album field is empty retag everything.

zhao

there are no accidents
tried all of that before posting here bruno... know my way around the app pretty well. wouldn't bother you guys if i wasn't really out of options... will try to find some of these "tagging programs". thanks.

maybe i'll do single track in the future. i just think some people might want to burn them to CD. and gapless playback does run pretty smooth.

bruno

est malade
i've started doing that with albums. i wouldn't bother with a mix though, wading through a single track is torture on a cd player.

neupunk

Here's what you have to do:

Tracks in a playlist have a sort order (the first column of the playlist) that reflected the order you added them to the playlist. You candrag tracks up and down the list to reorder them, and sorting by artist/album/whatever will apparently now kill that numbering. That did not used to be the case, as they had an option to switch the numbering to whatever the current order is. That has changed.

In other words, click to sort by the very first column in the playlist, then drag tracks into order and you'll be fine.

zhao

there are no accidents
ok neopunk thanks for that. I'm a try that at home when i get back. but if it doesn't work...

I'm torching all the cars on my block!!!! :mad:

bruno

est malade
um, i've just noticed there is an album artist field. i changed the album artist on different files within an album and sure enough when i click the album column it fucks up everything. so that may be your problem. what you could do then is click command i on all the files, click the checkbox beside the album artist field (leaving it blank) and click ok to all. then sort as album.