Ninjaman and Knifehandchop

STN

sou'wester
Oh, hang on I've got it wrong, it's Modeselektor and Ninjaman on one side and knifehandchop remixing on the other. Still sounds intriguing. The boomkat entry kind of implies it's a true collab but bitter experience tells me it may well not be.

http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=33167

gabriel

The Heatwave
it's on shockout, don't they normally buy acapellas from jamaican artists (usually wayne lonesome for some reason) and then remix them? so it's kind of mid way between sample and collab

i just googled it to listen to it and althought it's on the shockout/tigerbeat website and loads of shops' websites i couldn't find a listenable thing anywhere, which i decided must be cos it's rubbish, lol

seriously though, why can't you listen to it anywhere?

(it's true you do seem to be able to listen to it on boomkat, but my work pc doesn't have flash)

STN

sou'wester
Hmmm, just had a listen. It seemed okay - all electro-y. There's a lot of treatments on his voice (vocoder and sped up, I think).

mms

sometimes
yeah they get their vocals thru wayne lonesome it would seem,, he engineers them, the modeselector mix which totally vocoders his voice is the best of those two, the other new shockout ep the rupture and filastine is equally as good.