CD swaps for tomorrow

stelfox

Beast of Burden
As the other thread got locked before we sorted this out and it's really the primary reason this meeting was proposed anyway, best do it here ;)
I slapped a rough "Reggae, ragga y reggaeton" mix together last night, special like, so just want to know who I'm swapping with.
It goes a bit like this:

He Speaks riddim

Give Thanks - Vybz Kartel
Version - Free Willy Productions
Do Something - Beenie Man (excerpt)
Twisted Road - Sanchez
Jah Love - Wayne Wonder

Nature Riddim

Love Is Real - Daville
Push Push - Anthony B
Don't Be Ashamed - Sizzla

Fife riddim

Living Right - Vybz Kartel & Wayne Wonder
Fan Dem Off - Daville

Double Barrel riddim

Whey It Fah - Macka Diamond
Bad Mine - Red Rat
Lock Di City - Sizzla
Famous People - Elephant man
Touch Me If Yuh Bad - Vybz Kartel
Set Up Yourself - Timberlee & Flava Unit
Excitement - Bounty Killer

Slow Bounce riddim

Call Out Mi Name - Macka Diamond
Where's My Friend - Tanto Metro & Devonte
Trouble - TOK
Big Man Thing - Vybz Kartel
Anger Management - Bounty Killer

Black Attack Riddim

Put It Een - Macka Diamond
Sen Dem - Vybz Kartel
Wine It Up - Daville
God Line - Elephant Man

Lean Back (Remix) - Terror Squad feat. Tego & Tony Touch
Yo Quiero Bailar - Ivy Queen
Dem Bow (Remix) - Wisin y Yandel
Oye Mi Canto - N.O.R.E feat. Daddy Yankee, Nina Sky (below), Gem Star & Big Mato

Who wants one and what are you swapping?

john eden

male pale and stale
Me!

Er... for a copy of my new mix with Paul Meme!

Which is 80s JA digital and 80s UK Fast Chat stuff.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
Roll Call

Think maybe we should have a roll-call of who's coming and confirmation of venue, times etc,.

Stelfox, that's one copy for me, one for Eden if poss. I can get you a copy of the nervous ragga mix later if you don't have already.

john eden

male pale and stale
or we can copy the cd back at mine.

Full details of time and venue are in the penultimate post on the locked thread at the top of this forum...

boomnoise

♫
i'm sorting out copies of vulture culture for people. (x2) i don't have any mixes of my own ready sadly - hope this is ok for a swap of the mixes? let me know if anyone else needs one.

stelfox

Beast of Burden
I'll bring 5 or 6 with me. Warning you all now that it was mixed in 1 hit last night, without headphones – i'd left them at work – at barely audible volume so as not to wake the neighbours. However, I've just transfered it to MP3 and it's actually pretty good; barely a mix off-beat until the last track, which misses completely, but is so far out that it just fades in and isn't jarring at all. I'll post a cleaner version on the blog for download in a week or so, so if you miss out, don't fret, you'll get it. A lot of the tracks/rhythms are really great, so I think it works, anyway.

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
God, since I can't mix and only have a few hundred albums in total, I feel very inadequate in this department. I did a few copies of an M'balax compilation I made a couple of years ago (feat Etoile De Dakar, Orch 1 de Dakar, Etoile 2000 etc), but I've left these at home.

So, if anyone- anyone at all- wants a 2xCD complation of prime period 1980 era African pop, drop me a PM, and I'll drop one in the post to you.