blog template/HTML coding help?

arcaNa

Snakes + Ladders
i have a bit of a silly question,really...
thing is,i know nowt about any techie/pc stuff,am a complete luddite( :eek: ),but i enjoy writing stuff for my blog, and it's easy to operate, so fair enough... but lately, i've found that the blog template i'm using is pretty old, without any option for adding a "contact me"-box or something,...and that is a feature i'd like to have...there's a sidebar on the right with stuff like "archives" ,links and index... i tried adding a line with "contact me+emailaddress" underneath the "links"-section, but for some reason it didn't work...i guess i don't have the HTML knowledge needed to get the coding right... so anyone here who could maybe help me out? thanks...any help at all will be very much appreciated... :)
(-this is a cry for help...) :eek:

Rambler

Awanturnik
The easiest thing to do arcaNa is this:

go to your template, scroll down to where it says "Begin #profile container". Then there's a long line of code that ends:

View my complete profile</a> </p> </div>

Change that to read:

View my complete profile</a> </p> <p><a href="mailto:YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS">Contact me</a></p></div>

but change YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS to your actual email address of course :)

That should work - you'll get a link for email underneath where it says 'View my complete profile' at the moment..

Rambler

Awanturnik
Damn. All the code is disappearing... Ignore that last post. Try again. Where it says

HTML:
View my complete profile</a> </p> </div>
Turn this into

HTML:
View my complete profile</a> </p> <p> <a href="mailto:YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS">Contact me</a></p></div>

This does mean, however, that you will probably start getting a lot of spam. You'll get much less if you just do this:

HTML:
View my complete profile</a> </p> <p>YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS</p></div>

but it won't be a pop-up link straight to email - people will need to copy the address out for themselves.

Ach!

Turd on the Run
Can anyone tell me how to get the text on a blog to 'word-wrap' when the size of the window is altered. For some reason my template seems to be set at a fixed size and the arrangement of the text does not alter when you scroll the window size around. Any clues?

Ach!

Turd on the Run
k k.

I think I may have too many boxes on my page or something (I'm not sure what the technical term for a box is at the moment). It's probably not that important anyway, but the page also looks cak when printed out - oversized an dat.

arcaNa

Snakes + Ladders
... ! Ay Caramba ! :D
-wahey! ...sorted!
...i salute you, mr. Rambler, sir! :cool:
BIG thanks for helping me out...
X

Rambler

Awanturnik
Glad to help :)

Ach - it's probably something in your style sheet that's giving you problems. I've had a quick look at it but I don't really understand what's going on :eek: I think you might need to remove all the tables that you've got and do all the layout through CSS, but I'm guessing here (that would sort out the boxes thing as well).

sufi

lala
Ach me old mucka

find this bit of naughty css code:
Code:
.blog {
overflow: visible;
padding: 5px;
margin: 1px;
height: 350px;
}

delete this line