Goldilocks

mms

sometimes
this person below has done a track with tinchy stryder. ive not heard it yet but she sounds fucking horrendous. sounds like french and saunders rapping.
http://www.myspace.com/goldielocksmusic
yes the new rave youth seem to be the only people who have positivley embraced grime and seem to be extending it's possibilities, pulling some new shapes out of the chaos of live perfomances, the sounds the attitude and energy. she's very good looking but yes, the rapping and singing is absolutley shocking.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
I quite like what she does. She's authentic in what she says and comes out with. She doesn't seem to take her MCing too seriously and is mainly interested in pushing her productions.

I don't mind her being in anyway associated with Grime.

She doesn't make Grime though.

dizzees never had much to say about him in the last 3 or so years though. i remember when BIDC came out wiley usually got a mention as dizzees mentor figure, but since it all went sour, wileys always looked like he hasnt really moved on. it didnt really help that treddin was nowhere near as good as BIDC.

this person below has done a track with tinchy stryder. ive not heard it yet but she sounds fucking horrendous. sounds like french and saunders rapping.
http://www.myspace.com/goldielocksmusic

prancehall has the video of the creation of that track on his blog and actually it isnt that bad. Goldielocks also co produced (with suicide dogs or something) a track on Frisco's new mixtape Same Shit Different Day which is really nice, very slow very downtempo, eerie grime/step, but then she opens her mouth. i saw her live at the last DC and jesus christ it was bad. She should stick to the buttons

and that wiley vs dizzee thing in the observer did seem unnecessarily cruel and nasty - writing about his first time reaction to a song which is looking to repair the rift. Dizzee just comes across as a mean character against a tortured wiley/

still letter 2 dizzee is one of my favourite tracks off his new album, i love it when he goes all introspective/muddled. That and Nothing about me also lift the standard (at least lyrically) of what feels like a slightly better Tunnel Vision 2. Needless to say bowe3 wrecks it, absolute stomper of a track. Playtimes Over is also quite good, yeah this is a solid album, nothing spectacular. I love the cover though.

mms

sometimes
I quite like what she does. She's authentic in what she says and comes out with. She doesn't seem to take her MCing too seriously and is mainly interested in pushing her productions.

I don't mind her being in anyway associated with Grime.

She doesn't make Grime though.

yeah she doesn't make grime, the lyrics seem a bit nothing to me tho. It is interesting that these kids seem to be taking some of the best things about grime and seem to be trying to make something new out of it, i think the whole movement will be about as succesful as grime though, in a way, it seems to have a similar historical trajectory and relationship as grime, a couple of big stars earlier on, a few celebrated stars,all mainly in one town, large amounts of unsigned acts with some hype behind them, largely dismissed by the mainstream media as amateurish, alien etc.. except its posher paler and a weird inauthetic mirror to grimes realness.

Last edited:

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
She's been doing that from before Lily Allan you know.

And that really is how she talks too.

It is all to easy to dismiss music these days once something reminiscently similar has already come out.

Imagine if you didn't know who JME was and said "That is such a blatant Hadouken! clone! Argh!"

mos dan

fact music
....without the talent of lily allen.

gotta weigh in and say on this occasion you and blackdown are wrong, logan (and now prancehall as well it seems) are right. that tinchy collab is definitely a grime-tangent that has gone right. i like her slow, gabby drawl, it compliments tinchy's blaze flow really well. she is also, i think it must be said, ridiculously hot.

jme 'serious' posters underneath the bridge on balham high road! brap! so what - or rather 'who' - the hell is 'rinse records' again?

Immryr

i dont really even want to coment on this, and certainly dont want this (or any) thread to go down this road.... BUT.... surely no one can say goldie locks is "hot"... look at her face! especially her teeth and cheecks. really offputting.

Last edited:

mos dan

fact music
i dont really even want to coment on this, and certainly dont want this (or any) thread to go down this road.... BUT.... surely no one can say goldie locks is "hot"... look at her face! especially her teeth and cheecks. really offputting.

lol. i respectfully disagree. though i will consider your points. ;)

boomnoise

♫
HOT OR NOT?

not really the point.

but dan i have to say that i'm not sure what her talent is? i find her voice incredibly annoying. i'm sure she can fulfill the 'nice accompanying female vocal bit' role on people's tracks but as an artist in her own right - yak! she's got nothing on ny, sadie, alex et al.

mos dan

fact music
HOT OR NOT?

not really the point.

but dan i have to say that i'm not sure what her talent is? i find her voice incredibly annoying. i'm sure she can fulfill the 'nice accompanying female vocal bit' role on people's tracks but as an artist in her own right - yak! she's got nothing on ny, sadie, alex et al.

you may be right there, tbf. i don't really feel like exploring her solo work right now, it's a world service post-logan wind-down time of night..

petergunn

plywood violin

(cue "Girl Watcher" by the O'kaysions...)

in the future, if you guys want to get sexist and objectify women (it's cool, they do it to us all the time, i swear), PLEASE INCLUDE A PICTURE OF SAID WOMAN.

thank you.

benjybars

village elder.
come on she is blatantly fire!
l_a24abeb29019b4754568f76d3649154c.jpg

mms

sometimes
she's a croydon based producer, and a poor mc, seems to already started posing around in scant clothing which is a shame. seems to be more a branch of what some people call new rave, or the genre identified by the wearing of bright patterned ill fitting clothing.