swizz beats IT'S ME BITCHES

petergunn

plywood violin
http://www.urbanvj.com/Swizz-Beats-Its-me-bitches-music-video262.html

dunno why i didn't post anything about this song when it came out like 2 months ago, but shit is hot...

i am actually may be feeling "comeback" era swizz (touch it, diamonds on my neck by smitty (my jam), that beyonce track "check up on it") more so than classic swizz ("money, cash, hoes," "ruff ryder anthem") just because the new stuff has more of a fleshed out feel harmonically, like actual chords...

C

captain easychord

I was in New York a couple weeks ago and i swear i heard this tune on Hot 97 once an hour.... Dunno if it really does it for me tho TBH. Generally agreed about the newer swizz ish tho, especially 'diamonds on my neck' that is a tune!

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush

Dittohead
It’s so ... retro. I know, I know, newness isn’t always something to aspire to, but isn’t it a wee bit depressing that this well could have been a second-notch Nelly b-side circa Country Grammar? I think so, and I’m not even picky.

petergunn

plywood violin
It’s so ... retro. I know, I know, newness isn’t always something to aspire to, but isn’t it a wee bit depressing that this well could have been a second-notch Nelly b-side circa Country Grammar? I think so, and I’m not even picky.

CHILLING IN MY BEAMER, LISTENING TO "ETHER"

i don;t think it sounds like early Nelly at all, and i was a Nelly fan then...

the off-kilter falling noise doesn't really sound like anyone else in hip hop could have made the beat...

the vocal is rough, but i dig it... no worse than alot of other producers rapping on their stuff... like for example Timbaland on "promiscuous girl"... that's some bad rapping...

Guybrush

Dittohead
i don;t think it sounds like early Nelly at all, and i was a Nelly fan then...

I was only thinking of the production style, obviously. That cut-off marimba sound (or whatever it is) is a cool gimmick, but apart from that he merely regurgiates the kind of crowd-pleasing techniques that he, and countless other producers, has worked to death over the last couple of years. A perfectly acceptable club banger, and, because of that, a bit depressing in its lack of ambition, I think.