i-doser

Alfons

Way of the future
I work at a youth center here in Iceland and the latest thing among some of the boys there is this thing: http://www.i-doser.com/

I-Doser Labs is the leading producer of Binaural Brainwave CDs and computer applications. Using proven, scientific, and safe methods of synchronizing your brainwaves; a simulated state can be achieved through the use of our advanced audio CDs, or the I-Doser Application, and a pair of high quality stereo headphones. Our Binaural process has been refined with years of research and development. With thousands of satisfied users, the I-Doser Labs CDs, MP3s, and the I-Doser Application for PCs continue to lead the industry as the only safe and effective method to achieve a simulated mood or experience.

In the faq they almost make you believe this stuff. Can't find much info on it online though. Anyone heard about this?

Woebot

I work at a youth center here in Iceland and the latest thing among some of the boys there is this thing: http://www.i-doser.com/

In the faq they almost make you believe this stuff. Can't find much info on it online though. Anyone heard about this?

hmm. seems like the next new age music. call me a sceptic but i don't believe for a second it actually works.

bruno

est malade
hmm, ok, this is my experience (and i can only speak for myself). looking for an application to run on crossover, a windows code emulator, i more or less bumped into one called brainwave generator. probably identical to the one linked to by alfons. i've had a lot of trouble sleeping the last few months (huge understatement) so i decided to give this a go, at the very least it would be an interesting experience. i chose this preset

bwgen.png

slipped my headphones on and tucked myself into bed. the thing at full volume is a very pure ominous drone with waves of background noise, very sähkö label. it slows down progressively, eventually subsiding completely (i fell asleep before this). i turned down the volume, relaxed and set sail. the hypnotic effect was almost immediate (i've been susceptible to hypnotic states as of late so it could just be me). i don't know if through a side effect of focussing on the waves of background noise and the strange pulse or if i was just determined to sleep, whatever the reason i lost consciousness very quickly. i woke up feeling refreshed, a good eight hours of sleep that i had not had in ages. today i'm again completely awake at 5 am and my sleeping patterns are a mess, perhaps i should give it another go. i can't be bothered to try the other presets but if i do i'll report any success.

Alfons

Way of the future
crikey, what do the icelandic kids do, all fall asleep in a circle together in the youth club? what ever happened to drinking cider, smoking weed and fighting each other? kids of today eh, tsk tsk ;)

he he. Well obviously their not taking their "idoses" at the center (although some of them have the mp3s on their ipods). It's just been talked about a lot, with differing opinions about whether it actually works or not. Reminds me of when I was young and there were urban legends about snorting/smoking/chewing garden plants/household items to get high... Off course I give the kids the whole "drugs are bad mmmmkay..." discussion.

The internet has actually let me down on this one though, couldn't find any proper writing about this on wikipedia or anything, just people on msg boards arguing if it works or not.

bruno

est malade
;)

actually crossover is the one to buy, it works like a charm. to be able to run windows apps without windows in os x is surreal.