Warp Welcomes Flying Lotus

Blackdown

nexKeysound
"We are delighted to announce the signing of L.A. based musician 'Flying Lotus'.

Flying Lotus makes music where keyboards wobble and wiggle with mutated funk, and skewed rhythms grind and jolt against samples playing hide-and-seek with the beat. He comes from an impressive musical heritage - growing up with Aunt and Uncle Alice and John Coltrane in his immediate surroundings can't have done much harm.

Check out some of his previous work like his awesome remix for Mia Doi Todd, or the 2006 LP 1983, then you will probably feel as excited as we do about his future with Warp.

View Flying Lotus MySpace.
"

Kode and Marcus/MMS have been raving to me about Flying Lotus for a bit now... sounds like a good signing for Warp ('llow the indie dirge...). But no one mentioned the Coltrane connection!!!! God I wish my Aunt had been Alice :)

mms

sometimes
except john c was well dead b4 he was born...i suppose if you're auntie is alice he's ever present anyway tho.
he should have an ep out late summer.

Last edited:

sing_minimal

too mediocre to be rdj imo..but quite different to flying lotus..but with a bit of help from sherard ingram it could well be..

Martin Dust

Techno Zen Master
too mediocre to be rdj imo..but quite different to flying lotus..but with a bit of help from sherard ingram it could well be..

Some of the Anal's were very mediocre, can't see it being Sherard either - sounds nothing like his work. More to the point tho, I don't really care.

mms

sometimes
is he the tuss?

nah the tuss is aphex. i like that ep better than some of the analord stuff.
They're trying hard to cover it up but it sounds like afx from the off, so it's kind of pointless.

Why the hell would it be flying lotus who doesn't sound anything like those tracks and is signed to a different label and with Sherard Ingram, that's a it random, are you sure they're even aware of each other? That's the stupidest thing i've heard in the last 24 hours apart from the limited edition macdonalds burger.

Last edited:

DWD

He makes underwhelming glitchy trip hop music,but with the endorsement of Warp Records his profile will rocket without question. ;)

I like that Mia Doi Todd remix, but it sounds exactly like something that could have appeared four years ago on a Prefuse 73 album.