tv aerial booster

john eden

male pale and stale
anyone know anything about these? We have rubbish reception for various reasons and our new telly won't tune in the freeview channels.

STN

sou'wester
I think a digibox is a better (and not that costly - I think you can get them for £20 or so) solution. A booster wouldn't help you with the freeview channels, would it? I had one when I lived on the 2nd floor of a block on top of a hill in Bristol and it worked great but when I had a basement flat at the bottom of a hill in Bristol it was rubbish, so I guess the effectiveness of a booster varies according to location.

I'm curious about these booster things as well. My freeview is a joke, and irritatingly the digibox worsens the quality of terrestial reception so you cant always fall back on that.

It pisses me off that the govt, ofcom, BBC or whoever is in charge of broadcasting are completely denying the fact that digital TV reception has it's problems. Lets hope that things will be fixed before they turn off the analogue signal for good

john eden

male pale and stale
The new telly has a digibox inside it but only seems to work sporadically. The external box we have seems to do the trick.

Boosters seem to work a bit of analogue signals, but not much. My new one reckons it helps with digital reception as well but I didn't notice any difference. They are quite primitive I think - get quite hot if you leave them on.

I'm considering doing away with all this and getting cable...

why don't you just switch of your television set and go out and do something less boring instead?

(he typed, sitting in front of his computer.........)

:cool: