Dirty Pop Anyone?

gumdrops

i like all the tracks on cameos page (except the one about myspace). doesnt sound like anything 'new' per se but theres something really fresh and fun about them (that shystie track is excellent - dark but still dancey, wouldnt mind if grime dabbled in dirty pop)... funky too, which i like very much. love those squelchy synth lines. production levels arent 'big' but seem high too (higher than a lot of grime). so is this cameos own little genre?

Last edited:

Tyro

The Kandy Tangerine Man
i like all the tracks on cameos page (except the one about myspace). doesnt sound like anything 'new' per se but really fresh and fun... funky too, which i like very much. love those squelchy synth lines. so is this cameos little genre?

It could well be LOL! But there was a time when Hatcha had Dubstep all to himself.

In 1Xtra Cameo has a much bigger platform than Rinse to launch his genre from.

elgato

I just dont know
sadly i cant get myspace player to work

that track Heartbroken by T2 is pretty poppy no? but most of his stuff is pretty aggy to be fair

boomnoise

♫
i can't hear anything new or exciting here. it fact this is the depressing antithesis of grime; ultra conservative electro, repackaged with an edgier urban slant.

gumdrops

ill take this neo con electro repackaged with an edgy slant. id like it a bit edgier personally, a bit sharper, and a bit tougher, but i dont mind it at all.

DJ PIMP

Sounds a bit weak... is there anyone in the UK doing hip-house type stuff but thicker and better, like Don Diablo's Blow or Armand's Full Moon, or bits off his new album?

tox

Factory Girl
The new Groove Armarda single "Get Down" featuring Lady Stush on vocals would probably fit into this category. Along with Armand's "Touch Your Toes" I'm actually quite liking this "hip-house" stuff...

gumdrops

i agree it is a bit weak. a bit lacking in texture. but if this takes off, hopefully that will happen, although apart from dubstep, that feeble thinness seems to be what people like these days.

more or less...in fact kinda but

i can't hear anything new or exciting here. it fact this is the depressing antithesis of grime; ultra conservative electro, repackaged with an edgier urban slant.

no...not really

rather think of grime mixed with hip-house, house and electro with a bit of 80's pop and a discrete Prince influence i.e exactly what you guys on this forum were waiting to come out of funky house - so stop moaning lol!

the ppl involved (that i've been told) are Sticky, another producer called JC who is great, Dexplicit and some other dudes...

Cameo's getting behind it though

I wish them well

mos dan

fact music

i'm pretty much with you boomy. those tracks on cameo's myspace don't interest me.. as a sidenote, who the hell has the right to remix dollar signs? it's like remaking casablanca with j-lo and ben affleck (which they were going to do until they split up).

i am definitely up for some decent - not over-sanitised - b-line garage though, bring it on. a bit of bling and swing, anyone?