Call for tracks for film / artists video soundtrack

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
The reason I've been on here so much for the past year - aside from it being a great place to hang out - is that I've been making a feature length 'artist's' film/video. It's a remix of a 1966 TV drama in sound, image and words. I'm nearing completion now, thank god, and thought I'd put out a call for tracks. I've got some already and have a fair idea of what I'm gonna use - the sound is well important, and features heavily - but it's always good to have a pool to work from, and try out.

At the moment it's quite electronic, dubsteppy/grimey/noisey, but I'm not going to exclude the possibility of anything. Because of the nature of the work, I'm looking for non-vocal tracks. I like all of you lot and since you've been instrumental in keeping me sane through this, I thought I'd ask all of you.

I can't offer any money - this is the lowest budget film ever, all it cost is the laptop I'm working on - and has been done without grants or funding - but full credit will be given, plus an invite to a preview showing in London in August. My last work is being released on a 'best of UK video art 2006' DVD, and showed at the National Film Theatre and round the world, and this one has garnered interest from major film festivals already, if that's an incentive.

I would say though that some of the subject matter involved is pretty contentious, and does involve homosexuality, paedophilia, human sacrifice and incest, but only talking about it, no depictions of anything. It's very dark. What I would say, in its favour, is that I think it's pretty radical and I've not seen anything done like it before. Some parts are in anaglyphic 3D as well, if anyone thinks that's cool. I do :)

if anyone's got any tracks, or wants to see a synopsis or needs more information, my email is

jim@chantdownbabylon.com

or contact me on here.

Thanks for readin!

straight

wings cru
sounds intersting. i produce gloomy noisy fizzling drone, if youre looking for a break from the wubwubWUB. i recently finished soundtracking a dance piece which premiered at futuresonic and even though it was a pain in the arse im looking for more projects. have a look at www.myspace.com/stephenmclaughlin for some bits of mine.
i also tried to do some stereoscopic 3d for a nightclub last month and it was a thorough bollocks, kudos on pulling off analglyphic.

Last edited:

mistersloane

sounds intersting. i produce gloomy noisy fizzling drone, if youre looking for a break from the wubwubWUB. i recently finished soundtracking a dance piece which premiered at futuresonic and even though it was a pain in the arse im looking for more projects. have a look at www.myspace.com/stephenmclaughlin for some bits of mine.
i also tried to do some stereoscopic 3d for a nightclub last month and it was a thorough bollocks, kudos on pulling off analglyphic.

this stuff's really nice straight, thank, I'm puttin everything in the 'final mix eek' file at the moment to go through over the next month, how come stereoscopic was a fucker?

straight

wings cru
cheers, i'll try and get together some other stuff and send you a link. all ive got lyig around at the minute are half finished new things, all my other stuff is on a hard drive at an ex girlys.....
stereoscopic was a fucker cos i was informed 3 days before the gig that it was supposed to be a 3d night and i had to try and learn how to do and hack all my 3d aftereffects animations when i didnt really get how the calculations work. plus 3d glasses make my head ache.

mistersloane

cheers, i'll try and get together some other stuff and send you a link. all ive got lyig around at the minute are half finished new things, all my other stuff is on a hard drive at an ex girlys.....
stereoscopic was a fucker cos i was informed 3 days before the gig that it was supposed to be a 3d night and i had to try and learn how to do and hack all my 3d aftereffects animations when i didnt really get how the calculations work. plus 3d glasses make my head ache.

fucking nightmare that sounds like. anaglyphic just came accidentally on this one, by someone saying 'that looks 3D' lol and me going, 'hmmmmm...there's a thought'...

thanks querty btw, all the links are being listened to and noted!

nochexxx

harco pronting

straight

wings cru
i've sent you a selection of my stuff on yousendit jim, a mixture of improvised bits for the canvasdance piecs, couple of solo guitar abuse and some more rounded tracks from last year, take your pick. give us a shout if the 2 files dont reach you

mistersloane

brilliant people thanks, all stuff has been noted and filed and will be looked over proper once I got these next two weeks out the way, thanks!

Mistersloane said:
... a remix of a 1966 TV drama ...

Could you possibly be more specific??

[CATHY COME HOME, Ken Loach's break-through docu-drama about homelessness from 1966, or one of the other 43 BBC "Wednesday Plays" of which it was the most controversial from that year?

TALKING TO A STRANGER , a 4-part series directed by
Christopher Morahan for the BBC in 1966?

[A 1966 Episode from The Avengers, The Saint, Mission Impossible, , Doctor Who, The Monkees etc etc?].]

mistersloane

Could you possibly be more specific??

[CATHY COME HOME, Ken Loach's break-through docu-drama about homelessness from 1966, or one of the other 43 BBC "Wednesday Plays" of which it was the most controversial from that year?

TALKING TO A STRANGER , a 4-part series directed by
Christopher Morahan for the BBC in 1966?

[A 1966 Episode from The Avengers, The Saint, Mission Impossible, , Doctor Who, The Monkees etc etc?].]

Can I send you an email about that rather than public forum the precise details at present? But no, none of them.