Mouse on Mars + Mark E Smith

michael

Bring out the vacuum
Just stumbled upon this collaboration today. How long has this been in the offing?

http://www.myspace.com/vonsudenfed

Pretty boring vid for a pretty boring song on there... but then I'm not much a fan of Mr. Smith, and haven't really enjoyed Mouse On Mars for ... maybe 10 years. Why am I posting again?

zhao

there are no accidents
Why am I posting again?

because it's like finding out through the grape-vine some girl you dumped during university years is going out with some guy you knew from your last job. you don't really care, and they don't make exactly an exciting couple, but you are surprised and somehow feel that you should have been informed earlier.

Trevor Lunch

When I heard about this project I was pretty hopeful but the tracks I've heard have exceeded my expectations.Amazing stuff Von Sudenfed rule.Don't know what you two are on about.

Last edited:

bruno

est malade
Just stumbled upon this collaboration today. How long has this been in the offing?

http://www.myspace.com/vonsudenfed

Pretty boring vid for a pretty boring song on there... but then I'm not much a fan of Mr. Smith, and haven't really enjoyed Mouse On Mars for ... maybe 10 years. Why am I posting again?
because you have a nice avatar!

the tune doesen't do much for me either. but from here i went on a click spree, heard something quite good, was distracted and now i can't find it again, typical.

mms

sometimes
its a good album, great fun with both parties on good form. Better than the last efforts of the fall and mom.

michael

Bring out the vacuum
It could well be great, just found myself getting a bit excited about something that in the balance I probably shouldn't get my hopes up about. I'll probably give it a listen if I find it.

I think I've heard 2 Fall albums, once through each.

Bruno - my avatar's chopped from a still of the Naked Lunch movie.

bruno

est malade
ah, nice.

there was a thing with mark e smith reading a football scoreboard, something really pedestrian i remember and everyone was insanely happy to hear it, that made me smile. he seems to embody something or other for a lot of people and seems to be a good chap (with authoritarian tendencies) but i've never found myself atracted to the fall, i dont know why.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"there was a thing with mark e smith reading a football scoreboard, something really pedestrian i remember and everyone was insanely happy to hear it, that made me smile."

Yeah, he read the classified football results for some weird reason. It's a kind of meeting of two British institutions I guess.

Trevor Lunch

Yeah, he read the classified football results for some weird reason. It's a kind of meeting of two British institutions I guess.

The best bit is when Mark E Smith starts griefing the presenter,asking him why he has a no 1 haircut telling him he looks like a murder in strangeways or an escaped strangler.Pure gold.

aleksy

The Fall album 'The Unutterable' from 2000 has a few electronic tracks, which are a bit amateurish I suppose, but in some ways I prefer them to most of Von Südenfed. MoM seem a bit unstretched in turning out The Fall mk.14 as electro-rock. The range of things he can do with his voice just seems to be getting less and less - they sometimes have this wierd grizzled, melted quality, but more often than not they are just bland and shouty.

mms

sometimes
The Fall album 'The Unutterable' from 2000 has a few electronic tracks, which are a bit amateurish I suppose, but in some ways I prefer them to most of Von Südenfed. MoM seem a bit unstretched in turning out The Fall mk.14 as electro-rock. The range of things he can do with his voice just seems to be getting less and less - they sometimes have this wierd grizzled, melted quality, but more often than not they are just bland and shouty.

i thought his voice had loads of different ranges, he sings, he does weird lee perry style raps, the songs are imaginative and fun, and mark e smith does a kind of two step track, which i didn't think would ever happen. Compared to the last fall album, which was frankly bored parody, its excellent and i fail to see how its not impressive. The music is great too, just great fun.

aleksy

Yeah it's good and very fun, and way ahead of the real group such as they are. I think it lacks the certain x that made the Fall what they were (when they were good). I though with the Unutterable, as flawed as it is, it showed a potential way they could progress using electronics. This could grow on me, but I don't feel much emotional connection to it atm.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
because it's like finding out through the grape-vine some girl you dumped during university years is going out with some guy you knew from your last job. you don't really care, and they don't make exactly an exciting couple, but you are surprised and somehow feel that you should have been informed earlier.

You didn't get an LOL and you deserve one.

LOL

Trevor Lunch

That answer was just smarmy off the cuff twatery.Stick y lol up y arse.Maybe if this collaboration came out a few years ago people would be all over it but Mouse on Mars IDM(urrgh) and The Fall is so a couple of months ago.
I have listened to this album loads more now and it just keeps growing on me.It works like that with a lot of Fall records the more you listen to it the more the little nuances of the delivery get under your skin and infect you with their magic.This record sounds nowt like the Fall.I'm not a massive MOM fan but I've always thought they pretty good.No range?Come on periwinkle sort it out!