AOR that's actually quite affecting

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Prefab Sprout's "Steve McQueen" is one that's always mentioned when seeking to pluck gems from the wreckage of the adult-oriented rock sound, and I absolutely concur. The Blue Nile and some Joni Mitchell fit here too, I think.

Inspired by listening to Rickie Lee Jones' 'Pirates' for the first time....

Btw, on a slightly different line of thought, has anyone seen 'Fucking Amal'/'Show Me Love'? The use of a brief snatch of Foreigner in that is inspired...:confused:

bruno

est malade
would that be i want to know what love is?

aor, what a depressing term. let's see. my picks are billy idol flesh for fantasy. and def leppard hysteria. what else. one that goes saara.. saaara.. so depressing.

Chris

fractured oscillations
Would blue-eyed-soul be considered AOR? Because I really love Hall and Oates for some inexplicable reason.

I like quite a bit of AOR/stadium rock if I'm caffinated enough, happen to be speeding down the freeway, and the song comes on at the right volume... Boston, Styx's "Come Sail Away," Foreigner's "Feels Like the First Time," etc... all pretty much shit, but in those moments, I feel like it's the mid-70s and I'm riding a Camaro into the sunset high on cocaine... wind blowing through my bad 70s hair... which really should sound like a nightmarish mental image, but in those moments it's quite un-ironically EPIC.

straight

wings cru
ive always had a soft spot for 10cc's 'im not in love', theres a moment about halfway through where the synths swell up, i get incredibly overwhelmed. pathetically i nearly fell off my seat i was so affected by it the other day during a hungover smooth fm session in work