No U turn samples

k-punk

Spectres of Mark
Just preparing a post on 'Torque'... was wondering if anyone knows where the vocal samples from 'Damn Son' and 'Amtrak' come from?

polystyle

' ... to get into the future ...

Was just listening to that the other day ,
dunno off the top o the head where those samples came from -
but the sources are not so obscure , somehow familiar , will listen harder to try to ck it .
Great, great stuff

Last edited by a moderator:

adruu

This Is It
damn son's vocals is from raekwon's only built for cuban linx - rainy days...what's the vocals in amtrak?

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
You've got the album right, but isn't Damn Son from the intro to Can It Be All So Simple.... there's a skit where someone gets shot ("damn son! bleeding son, bad son") which links nicely into the newly dark version of Can It Be All So Simple (nostalgia as terror of the present, rather than the simpler sepia hues of the original).

Obviously Mad Different Methods is from the Wu Tang interview skit on the first Wu Tang album. I always wondered about Amtrack- I though it sounded like George Bush Senior.

mms

sometimes
funny i bought that ultra cheap on cd this week.
when those records started to appear they really were a breath of cold fresh air . yeah, that damn son is from raekwon the chef , they had a weird parallel with d and b .

k-punk

Spectres of Mark
Thanx... sfunny, that's one of my fave Wu trax too...

The vocal on Amtrak is 'here is a group trying to accomplish one thing... and that is to get into the future....'

nick.K

gabba survivor
I'd always thought No-U-Turn (certainly, nico and ed) generated their samples on decks, but obv not the vocals.

DJ PIMP

Heard the "here is a group" sample the other day in an older jungle tune, i.e. prior to amtrack.

Can't for the life of me remember what it was... :|