Oxbow

zhao

there are no accidents
fuck these nutters sound good!

just heard them first time yesterday -- I'm incredibly late to a good thing again, right???

mms

sometimes
i always thought they were'nt great but no one had the balls to tell em cos the lead singer is a very hard man no? ;)

zhao

there are no accidents
i always thought they were'nt great but no one had the balls to tell em cos the lead singer is a very hard man no? ;)

i dont really give a shit about the crazy reputations but the guitar and drums sound great, no? perfect fuzz and pounding. maybe i'm over reacting because last time i heard good contemporary rock was... 1976?

Trevor Lunch

Oxbow are one of the greatest bands to ever walk the earth.I defy anyone to hear the first track Curse off their first album FuckFest and not be blown away.Tense as fuck.The unlikely pairing of these guys and Marianne Faithful on Insylum off the album Serenade In Red is a total heartbreaker in the most ass kicking sense.The notion that this band are shit and that the only reason people accept them is due to the fact the singer is a total ass-kicker is offensive,their artistry can not be denied.These guys have been over looked for years.It makes me feel good that they are finaly getting some level of recognition.

Fuckfest
Serenade In Red
Let Me Be A Woman

Sort it out poindexter.

Octopus?

Truly, truly excellent. Sadly have yet to see them live, but love their records to death (esp. "An Evil Heat" - the preacher vocalising at the beginning combined with the guitars off that disc give me chills).

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
I like them, the sustained tension is quite amazing at times. Nonetheless, it's kind of opaque somehow, I can't ever say I get anything "out" of their albums. It's just the sound of a muscle being flexed, never any payoff.

Trevor Lunch

I like them, the sustained tension is quite amazing at times. Nonetheless, it's kind of opaque somehow, I can't ever say I get anything "out" of their albums. It's just the sound of a muscle being flexed, never any payoff.

All of their albums are faultless start to finish...that muscle is probably your heart.Trust me dude there is always a pay off.

sing_minimal

i saw them in acoustic version and i was blown away. just robinson on vocals and wenner (?) on acoustic guitar...it was surely the most evil and intense unplugged gig i've ever seen.

Benny Bunter

Still not heard these lot yet. I read a tour diary that the singer wrote for Plan B magazine, and he sounded like a bit of a knob to be honest...

I'm terrible for getting put off Rock bands by reading their interviews and so forth. I should just stop reading them before I hear the music.