Prunella Clough @ Tate Britain

elgato

I just dont know
All of you in London, I would very highly recommend heading down for this

http://www.tate.org.uk/britain/exhibitions/prunellaclough/

"Throughout her long career British painter Prunella Clough was fascinated by the urban and industrial landscape. Her paintings captured the working lives of labourers and scrutinised the surfaces and textures of the contemporary environment. She transformed seemingly commonplace subjects – lorries and factory yards, the detritus of street and gutter, the bright colours of plastics – into images of compelling mystery and beauty."

as her life went on her work became increasingly abstract, but no less wonderful... opaque, but stirring and vivid reflections of urban visions

Tate Britain also has this How We Are: Photographing Britain exhibition which looks pretty great

jenks

thread death
Saw this when i went down to the Hogarth - definitely one of the best freebie exhibitions in those Tate Mod siderooms. Particularly loved all of those pictures of work inits various guises.

felt the later abstracts became less inidividual but maybe i was just all arted out

elgato

I just dont know
yeh i guess they lost some of the individuality, but i felt they were still extremely good... i found them very vivid, in a way that i quite rarely get with more abstract work. or perhaps i am only just maturing enough to better feel the abstract.

also i found the whole exhibition really interesting for tracing the line through her life's works, remaining on the same theme (albeit taken from an increasingly broad perspective)

i had never heard of her so i must say i was quite taken with it!