People who buy massive job lots of CDs

stelfox

Beast of Burden
Hey folks, I'm planning on moving across the atlantic sometime soon, possibly permanently but for at least 12 months. I've got quyite a lot of gear and don't want to pay for storage so am going to sell pretty much everything I own, chiefly music and mainly CDs after I've ripped the ones I want to a couple of big hard drives. I'm thinking that there will be about 2,000 across all genres, but mainly dancehall, reggae, hip-hop, house, techno and world business. I want someone to just take the whole lot, not to pick through them and leave half of them, just to come with a van and take them all for an agreed upon price. Know of anyone who does this and will give me a good deal?

john eden

male pale and stale
Easiest thing to do is to find a mate with a car and take em down to MVE in Notting Hill.

I've got a load of old comics to go down there at some point and may rope in my sister and her car so will keep you posted...

stelfox

Beast of Burden
That could be great. This is quite liberating. I never really thought about selling muic before now, but it will clear a lot of space and get me some money, too.

Last edited:

zhao

there are no accidents
where you moving to? just curious.

when i moved across the atlantic 2 weeks ago it was very difficult deciding what to do with thousands of CDs and especially CD-R's... ended up giving the bulk to friends to keep, and the rest in storage.

stelfox

Beast of Burden
I'd like to convert them to cash, ideally. As much as I'd be happy to give other things to friends, the music will probably get sold. All being well, I'm moving to Canada. where are you now, then?

Last edited:

mms

sometimes
where you moving to? just curious.

when i moved across the atlantic 2 weeks ago it was very difficult deciding what to do with thousands of CDs and especially CD-R's... ended up giving the bulk to friends to keep, and the rest in storage.

where abouts are you living now zhao?

stelfox

Beast of Burden
Think I might have found somewhere but it's going to be about a month or so before I offload, so feel free to hit me with more suggestions

Blackdown

nexKeysound
Places like MVE are depressing for what they offer on CD... 20% of the cover price or less. it makes buying a car look like a good investment.

Dusty

Tone deaf
I know there are companies that will sell your items on eBay for you, no doubt it would take longer to see a return but the money back would be better than MVE?

3underscore

I am about to do similar, stelfox (atlantic move that is). Shipping is extraordinarily expensive, so my vinyl is going to stay with my folks till I start earning enough to move them over.

mms

sometimes
I know there are companies that will sell your items on eBay for you, no doubt it would take longer to see a return but the money back would be better than MVE?

some things just don't sell, no one wants my david chappelle's block party cd i'm selling at a very reasonable 2 quid or my rare and lovely phillips silver series at an extremley reasonable £30 or the rather nice 00I00 white vinyl lp i have for a reasonable £20 buy it now price!
see for yourself ...
http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZaustinmartintexas

:D

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
Haha - shameless.

Ebay sure is tough these days.

I won't stoop to posting a link to my auctions.

oops. nothing very exciting there at the mo anyways.

Last edited:

3underscore

zhao - I am moving from one of the most expensive cities in the world (London) to one that seems maybe even more expensive (NYC).

zhao

there are no accidents
but in NYC the $16 cocktails are worth every penny... quality ingredients, fine mixing, exquisite exotic flavors.

mms

sometimes
but in NYC the $16 cocktails are worth every penny... quality ingredients, fine mixing, exquisite exotic flavors.

i went to a bar that specializes in whiskeys the other day, they do them in double measures, £7.50 up to £750 .After you've spent too much money they encourage you to spend more downstairs in the club dancing to funky house.