walking music

turtles

in the sea
So having just completed an excellent walk while listening to Michael Mayer's "Immer" I thought I'd ask what everyone's favorite walking music is.

Me, I thoroughly enjoyed the moment when I got confused as to whether "that bird track" (aka the superpitcher remix of carsten jost) was playing or there were actually birds singing in the background (there were), and when "perfect lovers" came on after I had nicely gotten into a walking groove and it just sounded so amazingly great.

Now given, Immer is one of the finest pieces of music put out in the last decade so maybe it's cheating a bit, but I think it also works really well as walking music. So what do you people like to walk to? I also enjoy listening to a lot of krautrock of the can/neu! variety while walking. A good groove is important for sustaining a long walk. I also remember deciding a while back that porter ricks' "Port Gentil," the first track off their chain reaction CD was the perfect early-morning-start-of-walk song. But that's a morning walk-to-work song versus an evening chill-out song, totally a different type of beast. And that's not even mentioning urban walks versus park walks versus wilderness walks, which surely all require different soundtracks for each occasion?

So many issues! :) I love going for walks and listening to music.